What's new

*DONATING* Pentax P3 & 135mm f2.8 lens

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
1,866
Location
Appleton, WI
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. I've been planning to do this for a while now, but I just needed the right camera to come across my desk. Here's the plan: I'm going to leave this thread up and open for a week, then my wife and I will make a decision. What I want from you is your current film gear (if any), a little blurb about why you want this camera, and what you're going to use it for. As with all the other donating threads, I'm doing this to help someone get a start in film, so I'm hoping to see some results in the Gallery. Sure, this lens is a bit long for everyday walking around, but it seems pretty easy to use. The camera has an auto exposure mode and can be used fully manually, so it's perfect for a beginner who is a bit adventuresome. Here's what you'll get: A camera (it works, I've checked it out), the lens (Focal 135mm f2.8), and a strap. Due to headaches I've had with shipping batteries, I won't ship it with any, but it takes two 625 series little button cells that are about $4 a pop from B&H, etc. I'll be paying shipping, so I really, really hope to see some results from this thing. Good luck, and I hope to see some responses!


P1172829 by longm1985, on Flickr
 
I'm not applying. I just wanted to say good on you! :clap:
 
Strong work minicoop!
 
I would love this! It would be nostalgia for my father, he shot film all his life until about 10 years ago. When I picked up a DSLR he wasn't as connected with the modern equipment and ha very little info to offer. This would be an excellent way for me and my dad to reconnect and share this hobby we both enjoy so much.
 
Thanks, everyone, but really, thanks to Pixmedic for the idea, and all the others that have done this as of late too.

Definitely a strong first entry there, Mitch. That's a great start.
 
Again, Not applying but....:hail:
 
Very generous of you to offer this, kudos sir. (not applying either)
 
I'm bumping the thread not to enter, but to say...:boogie:

And also to say to those of you who might be sitting on the fence: get off the fence!
 
I would this camera, I currently have a Minolta x700 with 3 lens. I love film and the manual operations it does to get the right shot. I love black and white and often do landscapes. I have beautiful sceneries in the Berkshires. I would be real busy with the camera.
 
Alright, most excellent. Let's see some more entries folks! I look forward to giving this thing away.
 
Come on guys, let's see some more entries! Nothing like a free camera, right?
 
Two entries so far? Sheesh. It's FREE. If you don't get it, all it cost was a few moments to type a reply...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom