What's new

*DONATING* Pentax P3 & 135mm f2.8 lens

Two entries so far? Sheesh. It's FREE. If you don't get it, all it cost was a few moments to type a reply...

Seriously, y'all. This is a really nice camera!
 
Wow, that's really cool that you're doing this.

I'd like the camera because I never had a film camera, but honestly it would be used more by my son. He's 10 years old and loves taking pictures, and I have been teaching him about exposure and the triangle, composition, etc ... and I think that a film camera would help him learn since you have to think about your shots a lot more. Plus the prime lens will make him have to walk around to frame his shots.
 
Last edited:
I currently own in film a yashica mat 124 and a pentax k1000 but no lens. I would love to try 35mm and delvelop it in my new darkroom. I am a high school student so by recieving this camera free would really help me out. thank you for your generousity. If i dont get this, I am just happy to see others get into film
 
As a photographer for the last 45 years with 4 grandkids, this camera would be perfect to teach them: pacience ( not being able to instantly view their pictures will teach them pacience), trust ( by following pawpaws technical advise and getting a good picture, they will trust me as a person that knows what he is talking about), confidence ( learning to use the camera, with good results will give them the confidence that nothing is to hard to learn)
 
Two entries so far? Sheesh. It's FREE. If you don't get it, all it cost was a few moments to type a reply...
Now that you put it this way, I have never used a 135mm lens before, nor had a Pentax camera. It would be fun to play with.

You can count me in, thanks.
 
I'd love this camera!
I learned of my love for photography when I was really young, like 5 years old, when my older sister came home with a pentax. I have such fond memories of that camera, it had the coolest case, and felt so substantial in my hands you know? Anyway, my mom mailed me one of its lenses she found the other day, thinking it belonged to me and all those memories of watching my sister shoot and getting to take some myself were brought up. The camera is long gone but now I have an awesome looking fisheye pentax lens for memories at least, it would be awesome to have a body to go with it :D'

Current gear is a D7000, kit lens, 35mm lens and an old 100mm 2.8 lens :)
 
Last edited:
Alright, everyone. This is now closed, and deliberation shall begin. Good luck, and thanks for entering!
 
Alright, everyone. The decision's been made and the winner has been sent a PM.


Congratulations to.....







xj0hnx!!! Enjoy your Pentax, and good luck teaching your son!

There will be more of these from me in the future, so stay tuned. Thanks for participating, everyone!
 
Awesome :)

/jumps up and down

Thank you sir, and I'll be sure to post some of his work once we get going. Thank you once again.

:hail:
 
Congrats, xj0hnx!
 
Wow. Talk about paying it forward :) I would personally love this camera. I have recently started my own photography business after photography had been a hobby of mine for a while. I'm a military spouse and move around often, so I figured why not turn my hobby into something greater. Not only would this camera/lens combo help me tremendously to expand my portfolio but I only own one other prime lens, and that is a 35mm. I would love love love this special donation! Hopefully you haven't picked yet :) thank you!
 
Wow. Talk about paying it forward :) I would personally love this camera. I have recently started my own photography business after photography had been a hobby of mine for a while. I'm a military spouse and move around often, so I figured why not turn my hobby into something greater. Not only would this camera/lens combo help me tremendously to expand my portfolio but I only own one other prime lens, and that is a 35mm. I would love love love this special donation! Hopefully you haven't picked yet :) thank you!

Read 5 posts up.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom