Donating! Zeiss Ikon Contina Folding Camera.

there doesnt seem to be much interest, so 11th hour doesnt really matter too much.

my warning about the "manual" aspect wasnt so much about shooting manual as it was about the controls all being on/around the lens instead of the button locations on more modern SLR cameras. also, its a rangefinder setup. you focus by setting the distance, not by looking through the lens and focusing on the subject. its kind of PITA, BUT...once you get it down i guess its not terrible. plus, this camera literally fits in a pocket.

if you can get around all of those limitations (maybe differences is a better word?) then ill be happy to throw your name in the empty hat.
Understood, and thank you for the forewarning. I have seen a few of these cameras... I actually bought a dirt-cheap, non-working (but pretty red and wood) Kodak purely for decoration in the house. It has the same, where the controls are around the lens. The shutter and aperture still "operate" (not well, and the bellows are a sad, terrible mess), so at least I can say that I've been exposed to how it shoots.

I'd still very much like to throw my name into the hat.

I was also hesitant to throw my name in for a few reasons. I've already been the recipient of your generosity several times and I don't want to be greedy. Also, I wanted to see if it could first go to someone else who wants it. I've also been in a bit of a photographic slump, so I felt guilty (but who knows, maybe this will be a spark of inspiration :) )

Wade wants the Contina and I think it would be a great little camera for him to start playing with film.

As for that Retina, just like Vintagesnaps, I have plenty of old cameras so I don't "need" it, but I can't bear to see it just go to waste. Plus, in that collection of mine, I do not have a 35mm folder, if you can imagine that ;) Buzz is also a tinkerer (and is also a big fan of folders,) so if the Retina needs a little cleaning or tuning up, he is willing and able to do so for me. (I might insist on learning how to it myself, however, while he looks over my shoulder and talks me through it.)

Edit: So yes, I'm throwing my name in for the Retina.

the light meter actually works on the retina. :allteeth:

ideally, i would love for these cameras to go to homes where there is at least some chance of them being used again.
I cannot vouch for the functionality of either camera as they have not been used in quite a while and have simply sat in a box.
however, there really isnt much to go wrong. still, i figure its worth a fair warning to any interested parties.
i suppose for the price, one cant really complain too much.

I was also hesitant to throw my name in for a few reasons. I've already been the recipient of your generosity several times and I don't want to be greedy. Also, I wanted to see if it could first go to someone else who wants it. I've also been in a bit of a photographic slump, so I felt guilty (but who knows, maybe this will be a spark of inspiration :) )

Wade wants the Contina and I think it would be a great little camera for him to start playing with film.

As for that Retina, just like Vintagesnaps, I have plenty of old cameras so I don't "need" it, but I can't bear to see it just go to waste. Plus, in that collection of mine, I do not have a 35mm folder, if you can imagine that ;) Buzz is also a tinkerer (and is also a big fan of folders,) so if the Retina needs a little cleaning or tuning up, he is willing and able to do so for me. (I might insist on learning how to it myself, however, while he looks over my shoulder and talks me through it.)

Edit: So yes, I'm throwing my name in for the Retina.

the light meter actually works on the retina. :allteeth:

Hey, an actual bell and/or whistle! It would be one of the rare cameras in my collection that has a light meter at all, much less a working one ;)

There is a greater chance that Leonore will use these cameras than I ...
I really do want to take them apart :band: ... and then blog about it.

There is a greater chance that Leonore will use these cameras than I ...
I really do want to take them apart :band: ... and then blog about it.

would it help any if I hit one with a hammer first?

well, its time to get these old clunkers outta here!

@waday send me your info for the Contina.
@limr ditto for the Retina III.

unless for some reason you guys want to switch, but you can work that out betwixt yourselves.
i probably wont be able to ship these out until after the hurricane. im on shift tomorrow and ill probably be mandatoried in over the weekend if we get hit hard.

well, its time to get these old clunkers outta here!

@waday send me your info for the Contina.
@limr ditto for the Retina III.

unless for some reason you guys want to switch, but you can work that out betwixt yourselves.
i probably wont be able to ship these out until after the hurricane. im on shift tomorrow and ill probably be mandatoried in over the weekend if we get hit hard.
Thank you for your awesome generosity!

Please stay safe during the storm! My wife has lots of family down there, some in the keys, some in Miami, some north, some south.

I haven't forgotten about this! (Much)
Should be able to get them out this week.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! :smile:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back