Don't you hate it when your not ready?

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I made a quick trip out to my owl spot. I was ready with my lens almost wide open at F3.2 with 1.4x TC on(f4.5) because it was dark and overcast. I didn't see my little owl buddies, as I came to an opening this Eagle was just flying by... I normally stop down to F5.6 for flying birds to keep them in focus and pick up a little more sharpness. So not quite as sharp as I would like, but it is ok for a quick draw shot on a dark gloomy day... Oh and if KathyThorson sees this post, I was thinking about you after I answered Snowy Owls and really good eagle shots in the other thread:lol:

Bald Eagle by krisinct, on Flickr

kathyt

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
It is still a great shot and you managed to catch an in flight shot. Meanwhile, I was on the home front shooting a baby Robins nest. Not quite the same rush to say the least. :)

jedirunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Very nicely done.

So ... my take-away here is that you need a few more handicaps before our pictures are equal. Giving you a "rush job" obviously isn't enough handicap. Next time you shoot one-handed (without tripod or monopod), and you have to take your bird shot with a super wide-angle lens, and then crop to 250x250.

Kevin

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very nicely done.

So ... my take-away here is that you need a few more handicaps before our pictures are equal. Giving you a "rush job" obviously isn't enough handicap. Next time you shoot one-handed (without tripod or monopod), and you have to take your bird shot with a super wide-angle lens, and then crop to 250x250.

Kevin
It would probably still come out good,even if he was swinging around circles by the strap doing 360's:mrgreen:

sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Photos OK to edit
Very nicely done.

Kevin

^This. :lmao:

Yeah, it's a durn shame you just ruined that shot, Kris. :lol:
I'd be delighted with that!

OP
coastalconn

coastalconn

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, thanks for a good laugh on this rainy morning :lol:

Sharon mentioned it in another thread, but I think I've gotten to a point where I am hypercritical about my shots. I take more and more pictures but I keep fewer and fewer. It's almost like a disease.. with this shot I just tear it apart. The tail is blown out a little, the feet are OOF.. so on and so on. At least I'm much nicer critiquing other people shots :)

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you find yourself frequently "not ready", consult your doctor. They make a pill for that. :D

Most reactions

New Topics