double orchid re-done

Kimba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
re-done on a dark background after advise from some wonderful people here.

what do you think?

#!
3811386608_3e7a64997b_o.jpg

3810571247_da6bf44827_o.jpg

3810571221_cdee01cfb0_o.jpg

Better...isolates the flower. Might need a deeper DOF to put the entire flower in focus.

How are you lighting these?

these were actually done outside in late afternoon light so only the sun was used. Do you have any ideas to make the lighting better?

I like these much better, I find the composition pleasing, and regardless of the 'no black backgrounds in competitions' issue, I love certain flowers against black -They just have a much more artisitic feel to me. Your focus does still need to be sharper though. ;) As for lighting, a little fill flash would help, but if you used the black plastic as your background remember to bounce the flash or it will reflect in the plastic.

thank for the advice. the flower has wilted now so unfortunately i can't keep trying with this one but will definately try with others in the future.

Well, you got some good practice on these and your father will have some very nice photos as keepsakes of this orchid. ;)

I find that 2 and 3 are a bit dark / under exposed and looking a little flat. Maybe a levels adjustment would help and slight colour saturation depending on what the levels do.

Not a fan of the first one / straight on composition

Most reactions

Back