What's new

Down by the water

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
4,801
Reaction score
83
Location
Brooklin, Ontario, Canuckia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After work I took off for an hour by the water’s edge in Toronto’s west gap. I would love to get in contact with this guy as I got some great shots and a great portrait that I’m sure he would love. We just nodded at each other as he went by. We were both doing what we love.

1sept6417.jpg


1sept6420.jpg


1sept6423.jpg


1sept6427.jpg


At first I thought this was a cute shot but with all the parents at the back of the boat and only one of the kids wearing a life jacket I thought it looks a little unsafe, especially in the waters of the west gap that sees heavy traffic and a ferry boat.

1sept6430.jpg


1sept6432.jpg


On patrol.
1sept6407.jpg


This is about the only break I got this week.

Eric
 
Great shots as usual! Gotta love the water! My fav is the second to the last shot!
 
if you ask some of the local marianas or sailing clubs im sure they woudl know the guy bassed on the boat and the number on the sail. They are some great shots im sure he would love to see them
 
What a pity that this guy is never going to see the third photo of this lot! He'd LOVE it! Don't you think so?

Wonderful day you had. Wonderful light, too.
Your photos amaze me all over again.

(Am thinking lots of your beautiful pics taken in New Orleans these days ... will anyone ever get to take such photos, ever? I so fear ... not :( ...)
 
I like them all but especially the one of the children together
Pam
 
Whoa ... not your usual subject ... you're walking between the Elements with great images! I especially love #5 with the children, this image gives such a nice happy feeling.
 
oh again.... wonderful pics Eric! But I do love 6th one!
 
LaFoto said:
(Am thinking lots of your beautiful pics taken in New Orleans these days ... will anyone ever get to take such photos, ever? I so fear ... not :( ...)

I have had many people e-mail me recently about my New Orleans pics. It is very sad for my wife and I to see all the destruction that has happened on the Gulf Coast as we passed through all those lovely areas. New Orleans was one of the few places we felt at home within a day of arriving and said we would go back soon when we get the chance.

I was warned and read a lot about the poverty and crime before we visited and took measures to avoid it but seeing the events that have taken place since the storm you can get a good feeling of how bad human nature can be with the violence and looting. I can understand food and necessities but not all the other crime that is taking place. This kind of destruction should bring out the best in people not the worse.

Eric
 
nice shots Eric, the 3rd one caught my eye, very cool.. Did you go to the Brantford air show?? I missed it, too busy here, and I figured the bad weather messed things up there.
 
Nice shots bro. Colours are brilliant. I really like the close cropped sailing shot. I need you to give me a call tonight if you can. Re the weekend!
 
great shots, love the 2nd and 3rd. I like the last one too, i don't know that I have ever seen Police on a SeaDoo... i did cringe a little when i saw the one of the kids sitting on the edge of the boat, but i'm sure they were all fine.
 
Nice shots! My favorites are #3 and #6... my least favorite would be the one with the kids for not wearing life jackets! But really... it's a great shot too ;)

Pamela
 
Great work as usual eric. Love the third one as well as the one with the kids and the one with the large sailboat. Nice captures. :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom