Downtown Tampa, Florida At Night

DustinWPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dustinwillliamsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was my first attempt at a cityscape at night, I think it turned out pretty well. I had to make my way to the seventh floor of a hospital parking garage to get the picture, glad they didn't kick me out. Lol

$Downtown Tampa Night Watermarked.jpg

Shot taken with my Nikon D5200 and it's kit lens, it's the widest lens I currently have, so I had to use what I had. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts generally lean toward naked, nubile young women (legal of course) - I'm an older toot, thinking about it is about as close as it gets :D but my thoughts regarding your image...I think you area few seconds over but that extra time does make the cloud and water movement work pretty well. Maybe in PP, knock down the over-exposure on the Tampa Convention Center sign.

I am no expert but recently had some good night images, so my 2c...
looks a little soft on focus, but exposure looks pretty good. If you can as suggested by CEEBoy, to cut down on the bright sign. (I do not know how to do that)
On my night shots, I listened to advice here to view on screen, zoom in on something on your LCD screen, and manual focus on it, then take photo using timer or cord so no tripod shake.
hope it helps, it did me.
i will be in the area this winter, maybe we can do a meet up,with others?!
Nancy

my night photo example, not perfect but improved for me...
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/339870-night-gristmill-bridge.html

Last edited:
@Ceeboy14 - Thank you for the tips, and for your daily thoughts. Lol. It is much appreciated. I tried to tone down the over-exposure on the convention center sign in Lightroom but it just doesn't look right. I can't get it to look any better than it already does, if not make it worse.

@NancyMoranG - I agree, it is slightly soft. The main reason for that though was like I said, being on the top of the parking garage it was very windy. I generally just use my timer, it works fine for me. Or I can use the Nikon Utility App on my phone as a external shutter release.

The meet up sounds nice, I do not know though if I will still be in the area at that time. When you find out what time you will be coming down, let me know. Maybe we can come up with something!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back