DennyCrane

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DFlyCrop4rs.jpg

LizardClosers.jpg

DFlyClose1rs.jpg

All done with the EF-S 55-250 lens, handheld.

Pretty good for a good ol' kit lens! Did you use extension tubes or a close up filter? If these are just a crop, those are some very clean looking shots.

Thanks! 100% crop, no tubes... they were at the ragged edge of the minimum focal length (3.9 feet) A true macro lens is on the horizon.

1) my personal favorite out of the three...wud of been better if the right wings weren't cut off. good shot though.
2) love the texture and colors! might be slightly overexposed though...
3) little blurry but again not bad for handheld..i give you props there.

Pretty spectacular results for a kit lens and 100% crop on a T1i!

Pretty spectacular results for a kit lens and 100% crop on a T1i!

Agreed.

I think OP would make good use of a true macro lens indeed.

Thanks, all. And I WISH the 55-250 was a kit lens... I use that more than the 18-55 the camera came with. I'm looking at the Canon 100mm macro.

#1 is very impressive. Very Sharp on the eye. You use the 250?
The 100mm is nice.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yeah, those are all @ 250mm on the 55-250. Of all my lenses, the 55-250 is the only one that gets sharp macro shots. Surprisingly sharp as a matter of fact. For distance, the 70-300 EF beats it hands down.

Thanks, all. And I WISH the 55-250 was a kit lens... I use that more than the 18-55 the camera came with. I'm looking at the Canon 100mm macro.

I still consider it a kit lens, even though it may not technically be a kit lens.

I did like mine and had it on most of the time until I got the 28-135mm IS, and now I have the 70-200 F4L, but still use the 28-135 quite often. The 55-250mm has sat in the bag since. Guess I should sell it before it loses any more value! They are getting very cheap now days.

Beautiful shots! I love #2, the color is so vivd and the texture is so detailed

Most reactions

Back