Dragracing in Northern Sweden

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The first event of the season was greeted by hail showers ... but in between the breaks they did manage to get some runs in, here's a couple of pics, let me know what you think :

pite010.jpg

pite017.jpg

pite025.jpg

pite026.jpg

pite034.jpg

pite039.jpg

Nice work, polymoog! Good colour and good captures of the action. 3 (the racer doing the wheelie) and 5 (I liked the coiled look to the racer) are my faves

You were on the wall for these? Nice work, I like the first one too bad that cable was in the way.

I know, really annoying isn't it ..
doh.gif
and to be honest I couldn't be bummed to clone it out :roll: need to improve my clone skills first ... Yes I was by the wall.

Nice work, polymoog! Good colour and good captures of the action. 3 (the racer doing the wheelie) and 5 (I liked the coiled look to the racer) are my faves

Thanks, what do you mean by "coiled look", like he is coiled up on the bike?

I think i like the last one best but that Suzuki Katana takes me back to when i had one

We suddenly realised that guy in the last pic might do something interesting, and after his burnout my friend sprinted round the other side of the wall to get a head on shot of the wheelie :) What bike do you have now?

... what do you mean by "coiled look", like he is coiled up on the bike?
His posture is coiled or tense, like he's about to spring into action

Is it still considered "coiled" if he is already in action? Seems like it only pertains to pre-action. In that shot, he is already leaving the line.

heey nice drag race coverage you've done!
In Bahrain drag racing always in night, so doing coverage with my d40 is not easy :p

Great Shots Moog!!!

I like the lat one the best! Good timing and great tire wrap!

On my uncalibrated monitor, it seems like all the shots could use a bit of a colour boost.

Cheers

heey nice drag race coverage you've done!
In Bahrain drag racing always in night, so doing coverage with my d40 is not easy :p

Wow, always at night? Is that because it is too hot during the day?

Great Shots Moog!!!

I like the lat one the best! Good timing and great tire wrap!

On my uncalibrated monitor, it seems like all the shots could use a bit of a colour boost.

Cheers

RThanks, and interesting point about the colours. I was sure the saturation was OK, boosted some of the pics by 3 or 4 points but I did also make some other alterations because I didn't want the red of the track to take over, it made the light red as well .. will have to make finer adjustments next time ;) Might be going to another event on Saturday so we'll see how that turns out ...

You were on the wall for these? Nice work, I like the first one too bad that cable was in the way.

I know, really annoying isn't it ..
doh.gif
and to be honest I couldn't be bummed to clone it out :roll: need to improve my clone skills first ... Yes I was by the wall.

Thanks, what do you mean by "coiled look", like he is coiled up on the bike?

I think i like the last one best but that Suzuki Katana takes me back to when i had one

We suddenly realised that guy in the last pic might do something interesting, and after his burnout my friend sprinted round the other side of the wall to get a head on shot of the wheelie :) What bike do you have now?

I have a BMW GS1100 for travelling the world and a Yamaha FZS100 Fazer

111109158_9eUMw-M.jpg

18636746_pREqg-M.jpg

Last edited:
Gary : Nice Bikes :)

Al-Wazeer : Yes, I can imagine it would be too hot then during the day ;)

i like those cars and bikes!! and your photos are really atmospheric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back