Drawing a blank here....

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I promised my GF I would work on doing some childrens illustrations for her to write stories around and I am drawing a blank. I need some suggestions.

This is just a suggestions.
I help children sometimes with behavior problems and I use pictures that I have taken, to tell a story problem. I take the picture and convert it to a pencil sketch and let them color it. The way they color the picture tells me a lot about their moods and because I know what the original picture looked like in color, it helps me to understand their perspective of our world.

My idea is to take pictures from around the area where you live. Covert it into pencil sketches and tell the story of the history of where you live.

Interesting idea, I'll give you that. The intention of this is more to get her writing creativly again. She used to do it a lot, unfortunately most of it came during periods of emotional dissarray. She has stabilized a lot over the past couple months and found her self completely uninspired, beyond that of artist block.

She tells me constantly how much she wants to wright. So I want to help her get the ball rolling again with a more positive source of inspiration. I am hoping to accomplish this by taking advantage of her love of children and providing imagery to base childrens stories around.

artists and writers are often at their creative best when emotionally....active is probably the best word. Calling upon those times without falling back into them is tricky.....how about taking some images related to things she used to like doing as a child...alternatively, images of things kids like to do today or the objects they use. Thinking like a child is pretty hard for most adults....whatever you do be careful where and how you take your images.

artists and writers are often at their creative best when emotionally....active is probably the best word. Calling upon those times without falling back into them is tricky.....how about taking some images related to things she used to like doing as a child...alternatively, images of things kids like to do today or the objects they use. Thinking like a child is pretty hard for most adults....whatever you do be careful where and how you take your images.

Noted, Actually, as an artist I am wall aware of the issues in which you are referring.

Most reactions

Back