Dressage

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was taking photos at a small, local dressage event last week for my ex daughter-in-law and her teacher when this gentleman entered the ring with his magnificent mare, Ultima. I'm not normally a horsey type person but I couldn't resist shooting a few shots, just for the heck of it. To cut a long story short I've been in touch with the rider and sent him copies of my shots; he was so pleased with them that he tells me he's going to have one of them printed and framed for his home. He tells me that he has very few decent shots of Ultima and that he's very disappointed with the standard of photography by the professionals who frequent these local events.

Comments and criticism are (as always) welcome.
aaHill-House-4137small.jpg

aaHill-House-4150small.jpg

Well done you!!! I find the toughest thing at events like this is the background. Have you considered pitching a private session to him?

Funnily enough John, yes, the thought did cross my mind. He's not based too far away, only about 30 miles.
I may suggest it for the spring. Backgrounds of horse transporters aren't the best.

...Backgrounds of horse transporters aren't the best.
Unless you're shooting a Dick Francis novel cover! :lol:

I enjoyed his crime novels, thanks for the reminder. It's been so long now that I could probably read them again and have forgotten what happened. ;)

I like shot 1 more than 2. Better light, better background.

They are both very good, well exposed and number 2 is a great action shot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back