Drift event shoot

Workaholic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First off, Hello everyone. I'm as you can see new here and thought I would start off my first post with a thread of some pictures I took over the weekend. Let me know what you think, what I can change, what you like etc. I would love to get some feedback and enhance my photography skills. The versions of the pics that you see are the lower quality Jpeg versions. I have higher res Jpeg versions but felt it would be easier for those that are using slower connections to have these versions linked.

Thanks,
Tom

Black240-slide.jpg

E-Richslide2-21-09.jpg

EDRFT.jpg

Earl-slide.jpg

Earl.jpg

Erich-Front.jpg

Frontmount.jpg

Green240-slide.jpg

Lockedout.jpg

Rednobumper240-B.jpg

Sleepy.jpg

Sleepy2.jpg

Unnatrualdrift.jpg

Will.jpg

Cressidalighting.jpg

sweet... I am attending at D1GP event this May.... Hope my pics come out as nice :)

Have fun, if you can get in the center I found that you can get some sweet shots. That is where all these were taken.

Keybq: thank you

Tom

number 1 is my fav. greats shots!

i like your pan shots with slower shutter speed the best.. the blurred, background just makes the pics so much faster and more intense.

what camera mode were you using??
i didnt see exif data, but im not sure if i was going about the right way to see the exif info if its even there..
but im wondering if you werent shooting in aperature priority mode..
just curious.
keep up with the paning shots i really think thats the way to go, and there not easy to do but you got some great ones!

i like your pan shots with slower shutter speed the best.. the blurred, background just makes the pics so much faster and more intense.

what camera mode were you using??
i didnt see exif data, but im not sure if i was going about the right way to see the exif info if its even there..
but im wondering if you werent shooting in aperature priority mode..
just curious.
keep up with the paning shots i really think thats the way to go, and there not easy to do but you got some great ones!

I was actually shooting in manual settings. They varied 1/60th-1/80th, ISO 200, F16-F20.

These were what I came up with the be the "good" shots out of nearly 400 that I took at the even which I was shooting at for just over 4 hours.

Tom

Pic 1 would be better with the bottom cropped a bit, and pic 3 is sweet. the others are ok as well, but the 2 i mentioned are my faves from this bunch. ..

Have fun, if you can get in the center I found that you can get some sweet shots. That is where all these were taken.

Keybq: thank you

Tom
I'm not so sure standing in the center of a bunch of cars who's sole intent is to drive wrecklessly is such a great idea!

Great shots though!

I'm not so sure standing in the center of a bunch of cars who's sole intent is to drive wrecklessly is such a great idea!

Great shots though!

lol, there are concrete barriers and tractor tires between me and the cars.

Tom

Im really like the e30.

They seem to be the top pick euro car wise for drifting. bunch of them over on the bf.com boards.

maybe one day ill get my hands on one.

I was actually shooting in manual settings. They varied 1/60th-1/80th, ISO 200, F16-F20.

These were what I came up with the be the "good" shots out of nearly 400 that I took at the even which I was shooting at for just over 4 hours.

Tom

well then, my guess was off..
i really do like how sharp the ones are that have a frozen background... but the paning ones are definatly not as sharp.. thats the real delima i guess. so hard to get the sharp shots while panning...
anyway i like them, and keep it up!

well then, my guess was off..
i really do like how sharp the ones are that have a frozen background... but the paning ones are definatly not as sharp.. thats the real delima i guess. so hard to get the sharp shots while panning...
anyway i like them, and keep it up!

Thanks, I actually forgot to mention that I was actually shooting a Nikon D70S with a 55-200 kit lense. One day I'll have money to get a VR lense and then I'll be able to get a bit more crisp panning shots.

Thanks everybody for the compliments, I really appreciate it.

Tom

Most reactions

Back