Drinks to Warm You Up! C&C (BESP)

I will comment on photo #1.

The title works well with the photo. Nice choice of presentation, whatever you're drinking. The contrast of the cold drink wrapped in the warm light of the fireplace tells me this is going to be an evening for consensual adults.

I think the crop is much too tight on the left and does not welcome my hand to grasp it. The difference in size of the glasses gives off a slight dominant / submissive tone to it for me. However, the little reflections in the bottom of the glass and in the stems are brilliant. Again going in total contrast.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more definition of the flames in the fireplace. Perhaps a smaller aperture to reduce the background blur.

As for hitting 3 out of the 4 intersect points...... congrats.

gpardo64P1.jpg

Ignore the slash, I was too lazy to remove.​

I really like the first shot! Great job capturing the mood and colors are very nice.

I do like the first angle from top better.

I do see in your post that the drink was lemonade. However, seeing a slightly opaque white drink in front of a fireplace does not say "Drinks to Warm You Up!" Even though I know that this should be some sort of martini with salt/sugar on the rim, I am still seeing cool, white drinks next to a fire which says to me, Christmas or Winter.

Drinks that say warmer to me would be some sort of sunrise or sunset drink, which generally involve a clear, orange liquid with a red top or bottom. You could still have the sugar on the rim and achieve the same effect. On the other hand, the orange color of the fire would have probably contrasted badly with an orange drink. So maybe a green or blue drink like Midori or a Hurricane.

Of course, I could just be thirsty! :lmao:

Of the two photos I do like the first better. I think you succeded in achieving a "reserved and romantic" feel in the photo.

The placement of the glasses is nice, and the slight reflection of the glasses' stems in the table add an elegant touch. One negative thing that stands out to me right away is that the front rims of both glasses are in shadows, the smaller one seems ok but the larger one is too dark for my taste. I personally would also have used less space above the glasses.

I think the second photo might have worked better if it were not cropped so tightly on the glasses.

(Sorry if any/all of this is repeat I have not read the other c&c yet)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back