Drive by shooting

Nanogeek815

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would appriciate all comments, suggestions ect.
these were taken out a car window with a Nikon D70s camera

Thanks

Barn-in-the-snow---tint.jpg

peaceful-winter-barn-class.jpg

ModernBarnclassiceffectlesssaturati.jpg

I like #2. If that telephone pole with a transformer on it wasn't there, I would like it a lot more. That's not your fault though.

I like "driveby" shots done out of a moving car--I'm prone to snapping them myself. But these appear to have been shot from a stopped car--perfectly level horizons, foregrounds that show no motion blur, fairly formal-looking compositions...these do not really "read" as drive-by shots. They are too studied-looking,and as I said, there's no visible motion blur. There's no car window or reflections, no side-view mirror, no windshield wipers,and I'll say it again--no motion blur! As drive-by shots, these are not really successful shots.

I'm not a big fan of the heavily darkened edges. Driveby shots are one of the *only* genres where a somewhat tilted horizon is actually acceptable and almost a part of the aesthetic; and given that, your level horizons are working against you, IMHO.

I like the third one. Totally gives me the "farmy" feeling.

thanks for sharing!

I like "driveby" shots done out of a moving car--I'm prone to snapping them myself. But these appear to have been shot from a stopped car--perfectly level horizons, foregrounds that show no motion blur, fairly formal-looking compositions...these do not really "read" as drive-by shots. They are too studied-looking,and as I said, there's no visible motion blur. There's no car window or reflections, no side-view mirror, no windshield wipers,and I'll say it again--no motion blur! As drive-by shots, these are not really successful shots.

I'm not a big fan of the heavily darkened edges. Driveby shots are one of the *only* genres where a somewhat tilted horizon is actually acceptable and almost a part of the aesthetic; and given that, your level horizons are working against you, IMHO.

Thanks and yeah i know theyre not "driveby-like" my goal honostly was to make them seem like i did stop and take the picture. I just said it was driveby so that everyone knew it was from the car on the freeway lol. btw its a 50mm lense. just thought id throw that in lol thanks guys.

In my opinion..... AMAZING! I'm not quite sure why, I think it's the vintage look and the vignetting. Sweet shots.

Both are great pictures. I like the old fashioned look the vignetting gives to the shots.

Most reactions

Back