Driving home (Into the Mounatins) Fallscape

mwild

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys.. here are a few shots that I got on our way home from giving our boat one last spin on Ghost Lake before packing her away for the season.

last boat run 175 by ♠GollyWild, on Flickr

last boat run 160 by ♠GollyWild, on Flickr

last boat run 157 by ♠GollyWild, on Flickr

last boat run 156 by ♠GollyWild, on Flickr

last boat run 139 by ♠GollyWild, on Flick

last boat run 140 by ♠GollyWild, on Flick
(No, that's not our boat.. we have a motor boat.. but I love photographing the sail boats in the water!)

Hope everyone's fall is nice.. we just got 10cm of snow, and the temp dropped to -8'C. Ew.

I love that area around Cochrane. Beautiful rolling hills and plains with a mountain backdrop. Every time I drive though there...I'm temped to just stop and never leave. But then I get out of the car and anything not nailed down blows away...I don't know if I could put up with that everyday. :lol:

Late summer and fall can be beautiful, even if we don't get the insanely bright leaves like they do in other areas, but the worst part is that we get so much haze in the air. It can really make clean, clear landscapes impossible. But on the other hand, when we have hazy air and hills/mountains fading off into the distance, it's a neat effect that really adds a sense of distance, like we see in #4 and #5.

I love that area around Cochrane. Beautiful rolling hills and plains with a mountain backdrop. Every time I drive though there...I'm temped to just stop and never leave. But then I get out of the car and anything not nailed down blows away...I don't know if I could put up with that everyday. :lol:

Late summer and fall can be beautiful, even if we don't get the insanely bright leaves like they do in other areas, but the worst part is that we get so much haze in the air. It can really make clean, clear landscapes impossible. But on the other hand, when we have hazy air and hills/mountains fading off into the distance, it's a neat effect that really adds a sense of distance, like we see in #4 and #5.

I couldn't agree more Mike! I often like the way the haze looks (usually when it's slight) because it does really add nice depth to a photo, and a soft romantic look!

As for the wind, oh yes.. that area is the worst. In the Bow Valley, I haven't found it to be too bad, mostly because there are buildings and trees to break it up. When you climb a mountain here though, boy hold onto your hats! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back