Droid X 8mp Camera

DennyCrane

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, it's still a phone camera, and it's very limited by it's tiny lens and short focal length... but all things considered, it's not that bad. There's quite a few modes like macro, portrait, sunset, landscape, and image stabilization and they really help get the most out of each shot. There's a nice movable focus point you touch and drag where you want... something nice for macros. Video is at 720p and again, for a phone camera, better than expected. Will it replace my Canon T1i? Not a chance. Will it be something I can use on many more occasions than I'd ever used a phone camera before? Absolutely.

2010-07-18_12-58-15_345ars.jpg

Dragonrs.jpg

2010-07-18_12-43-50_452ars.jpg

2010-07-18_12-53-57_890ars.jpg

And here's a quick sample of the video. Make sure to select 720p.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL4KEaCIftY[/ame]

I'm glad I just place the order for one. BYE BYE iPhone, DIAF.

If you're going to get one, pay attention to what the different modes are doing to the white balance. The automatic mode tends to go a little cold. The sunset mode a little warm.

Here's another macro.

2010-07-18_12-58-56_969ars.jpg

The photos are impressive, but i'm more impressed with the video.

Phone cameras are getting better all the time, heres some iPhone 4 photos shot using the 5mpx camera. not quite as good as the droid x, but I'm happy with it

4807006868_03830867e8_b.jpg

2. heres one without pp
4807243066_03bd042bb2_b.jpg

its crazy how much they cram into phones these days, isnt it? nice shots

Very impressed with that first shot and the video.

I have been hating my Iphone 3G lately, not sure it's worth it to waste my 2 year upgrade on a 3GS, and won't go near an Iphone 4....... Maybe I'll do the unthinkable an jump ship to the Droid.

I have a droid, but it's not the new new one. It takes good pictures, too, but I don't know the specs on it.

what photography app are available for inphone processing?

OMG there are so many! They even have a HDR program for iphone! It's free and there's paid versions too. But just go to app store and type "photography" and you'll see tons.

I've posted pic of iphone4 before but here's a small video I made a month ago, with the iMovie. It's pretty good program for $4.99 if you ask me!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFGALbIqKqI[/ame]

i understand about app for iphone, but how about this phone that is mentioned in the thread

i understand about app for iphone, but how about this phone that is mentioned in the thread

ohhh...beats me, I thought they had their own app store? I don't know anyone w/ a droid but thought they used the Android OS? The OP might be able to tell you that.

I read that as iPhone lol sorry

it's very noisy, has poor white balance, over sharpens as evident in the insect and blows out highlights.

oh, and I have an iphone 4 and I don't use it as my primary camera because I dislike the results. I'm more likely to use it for video and my D300 for stills.

no problem, i should have left a space between the two words.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back