Droid X 8mp Camera

Who had the idiotic idea of trying to cram 8MP on a sensor that small? Oh right, the marketing department. Looks like that plan worked. More MP doesn't mean better camera. All those images are extremely noisy. They aren't terrible for a camera phone, but that many pixels on such a small sensor is a really bad idea. The iPhone 4 images appear much less noisy (at least with the shots posted here) and I can imagine there are far more photo apps available for it also.

I'm not saying it's a bad phone, or a bad camera in a phone, but it certainly doesn't look like something that's super amazing. It's not even on par with $100 point and shoots, from what I see here.

All in all, the best camera is the one you have with you, and if that's what you have with you, then so be it. But I really hope you bought it for features other than the camera, because what I see here isn't really all that impressive.

Who had the idiotic idea of trying to cram 8MP on a sensor that small? Oh right, the marketing department. Looks like that plan worked. More MP doesn't mean better camera. All those images are extremely noisy. They aren't terrible for a camera phone, but that many pixels on such a small sensor is a really bad idea. The iPhone 4 images appear much less noisy (at least with the shots posted here) and I can imagine there are far more photo apps available for it also.

I'm not saying it's a bad phone, or a bad camera in a phone, but it certainly doesn't look like something that's super amazing. It's not even on par with $100 point and shoots, from what I see here.

All in all, the best camera is the one you have with you, and if that's what you have with you, then so be it. But I really hope you bought it for features other than the camera, because what I see here isn't really all that impressive.

Thanks. I was about to say the same. More megapixels doesn't mean better images....especially on small sensor's. Thought we all knew that. The Iphone 4 images look to be much better with less noise, better contrast, better sharpness. I'm impressed with the IPhone4's camera, but the droid pictures in here look about the same as my tilt 2 with more resolution (doesn't matter since you wouldn't probably wouldn't print images large that are that noisy anyway).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back