What's new

"Drop" your advice in this pic !!

gpardo64

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 16, 2010
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Location
Alpharetta
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife got a Nikon D5000, which is our first DSLR. Our experience with speed, focus, ISO, etc. is limited so any advice is appreciated. We used the AF-S 55-200 lens.

Here is another pic:

2.
4280141080_b88e9c9d69_b.jpg
 

Attachments

  • $Drops_thin.webp
    $Drops_thin.webp
    87 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Technically, very good. The water droplet effect looks super,and the background is dark enough to allow it to show. I like the single droplet on the orange or nectarine on the left. Somehow,though, the arrangement of fruit at the base isn't quite as good as the lovely blurred water droplets effect you've got going at the top. It looks to me like the shutter speed, ISO, and focus were all quite good. I just wish the "base" of fruit was a little bit more prominent. One nice thing you did was to allow ample room at the top for the water effect, and not "crowd" it. Although this shot is not a 100 percent successful or home-run type shot, I think it'd be say, a stand-up triple!!!
 
Thanks Darrell for your input. Next time we will pay attention to the composition and not only to the technic as we did this time.

The Speed was 1/60, ISO 200, f9.0; basically we set the speed and let the camera to pick the rest.
 
This is a very good image, I like it. There is a lot to be said for following your instincts and letting your intuition do the work.

Although I am somewhat old school too much mental attention can knock one off the course your being pulled too. So I might even say at this venture to continue on and let that modern camera do the other work for you until comes a time you desire more information.

See my first early success before I had much knowledge, I have often wondered what would have happened had I not studied a great deal and simply continued of course the danger eventually arrives one is simply reinventing the wheel, my 2 cents would be stay the course and for now just make pictures. If the photo did not have much uniqueness I would advise a different path.

blog entry
 
what did you use for lighting, cause to me it looks fantastic
 
wow i'm definitely impressed great shot and nice idea
 
what did you use for lighting, cause to me it looks fantastic

You'll be laughing on me......it was a construction lamp that we have from homedepot....

Some how the color of fruits pop up with this lamp.
 
wow that is a really cool picture. I'm really stretching for something that isn't right about the picture, and this is purely a stretch and a personal opinion.... I would have tried to stack the oranges so they didn't look so symetrical.
 
what did you use for lighting, cause to me it looks fantastic

You'll be laughing on me......it was a construction lamp that we have from homedepot....

Some how the color of fruits pop up with this lamp.

haha no way great idea, mind if i use it? Seriously never thought about using one of those but hey there's always something new to learn eh
 
what did you use for lighting, cause to me it looks fantastic

You'll be laughing on me......it was a construction lamp that we have from homedepot....

Some how the color of fruits pop up with this lamp.

haha no way great idea, mind if i use it? Seriously never thought about using one of those but hey there's always something new to learn eh

Sure you can use it! I don't mind
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom