What's new

Drops onto apples...

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
239
Reaction score
0
Location
Wichita, KS
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
okay so I'm not very good with titles. Anywho, here are a few more drop pics from yesterday. Please C&C. Thanks for any advice that you can give.

1.
DSC_0136.jpg


2.
DSC_0140.jpg


3.
DSC_0151.jpg


4.
DSC_0158.jpg
 
These are beautiful. #4 works the best because the drops really pop! The reflections on the center apple are a beautiful detail. Can you bring these out more?
 
I like #4 as well. The vivid color with the drop is very nice. Good work
 
They are fantastic! The best I have seen in a while. You wouldn't bother sharing how you did this?
 
yeah I agree, #4 is the best because the drops do pop! :P
Good work!
 
Thanks for the comments. It was all pretty simply done. I was experimenting off of what I had seen on the strobist Using a light stand I dangled a ziplock w/ a small hole in the corner above a wok full of apples. I then had this all positioned in front of a piece of white posterboard on my dining table. I don't recall what setting I had my flash on, it varied quite a bit until I got it dialed in. I also used some rosco gels to give me some color cast. If you want any specific metadata on one of these pics in particular just let me know. Oh yea lil bit of PP on CS4, just some slight exposure adjustments.
The thing that is really driving me crazy is the amount of noise my D40 is cranking out. I'm thinking that I had the iso set @ 400, but still getting a lot of noise in the shadows.

Thanks again for all of the comments!
 
The thing that is really driving me crazy is the amount of noise my D40 is cranking out. I'm thinking that I had the iso set @ 400, but still getting a lot of noise in the shadows.
So why not set it to ISO 100?
 
It was an after thought when I was editing the pics, when reviewing them on the LCD they didn't seem noisy at all
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom