DS 90 + Jewellry

The white cube is my 28" light tent. I used 1x SB600 and 3x SB800s. The two soft boxes on the sides are 15" and the one on top is a 24". The umbrella is Westcott 45" soft silver. The stands are 10' studio boom (top), 10' Bowens and 2x 6' Manfrotto light duty.

The white cube is my 28" light tent. I used 1x SB600 and 3x SB800s. The two soft boxes on the sides are 15" and the one on top is a 24". The umbrella is Westcott 45" soft silver. The stands are 10' studio boom (top), 10' Bowens and 2x 6' Manfrotto light duty.

how much all of this kit cost u?
all from alzo?
what is the lens?
on what the product is standing? (inside the light tent)

how much all of this kit cost u?
More than I care to remember.
all from alzo?
No, but I've purchased several items from them.
what is the lens?
Nikkor 105mm f/2.8
on what the product is standing? (inside the light tent)
Wine glass

Hooooolyyyy craaaaaap. That gear right there is nuts! I was just looking at something like that and ran up to $3,000.00!
But you don't include the camera bodies, lenses, tripod, remote release, triggers, batteries, charger, bags, memory cards, etc., etc., etc. What's in your wallet? :lmao:

That is the best idea I've heard all day!!! Just had one of those "DUH" moments haha. Thanks!!
:lol: Yeah, it took me a little while to come up with that. Funny the things you find around the house to use as props.

wow its really crazy. if ill have something like 5000$ to spend i will send u a pm for list of the things u have haha.. :)

minwhile, i think ill only buy the lens and 2 sb600.. i hope it will be good..
the tent i already have.

what else will i be needed?

question, after u are taking picture in this kind of station u made for yourself u need photoshop or something?

question, after u are taking picture in this kind of station u made for yourself u need photoshop or something?
Yes, you'll want some kind of editing software. I recently acquired CS5 and Lightroom 3.

For that setup, I focus stacked 36 images from front to back. I used LR for global edits and synching, then exported to CS5 for the stacking, knocking out the background and other adjustments. This isn't my final edit, but the only one I have on the web. Result of the shots.

1026514346_rdy4y-XL.jpg

you are speaking about things and terms that i really font understand. how many years are you in the buisness?

and about the jewelry, will i need something more? like stand ? ...?

TNX

Metalice, he said he used a wine glass, the kind with a stem such as this one: Amazon.com: Riedel Ouverture Magnum Red Wine Glass, Set of 6 plus 2 Bonus Glasses: Kitchen & Dining

as the stand for that product. He turned the glass upside-down and placed the product on the base of the glass for the photo. I imagine, depending on the size of the jewelery that it would work for your application, but probably will require a little bit of photoshop processing after the shot to make sure the stand is not visible.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Metalice, he said he used a wine glass, the kind with a stem such as this one: Amazon.com: Riedel Ouverture Magnum Red Wine Glass, Set of 6 plus 2 Bonus Glasses: Kitchen & Dining

as the stand for that product. He turned the glass upside-down and placed the product on the base of the glass for the photo. I imagine, depending on the size of the jewelery that it would work for your application, but probably will require a little bit of photoshop processing after the shot to make sure the stand is not visible.

this is not what i meant, i want to know if i need any cables? tripod? etc..

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
this is not what i meant, i want to know if i need any cables? tripod? etc..
If you want to get to the 'professional' look, there will be several bits of kit to bear in mind. Here are two examples.

ALZO 300 CONTINUOUS 3-LIGHT 28" TENT KIT

LASTOLITE STUDIO CUBELITE
Watch the video tutorials.

I'm not endorsing either product, only showing you setup kits. Personally, I think a minimum three light setup is more to your needs for jewelry product shots. As mentioned in the Lastolite tute, continuous lights may be an easier introduction into the lighting of products because 'what you see is what you get'.

A tripod and remote shutter release, of course, will be an asset. Then there are a myriad of light modifiers to consider. These will be on an 'as needed' basis because only you can decide how you want to control the light.

Most reactions

Back