DSLR Bags

Rit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I ordered my DSLR (Canon 20D) and now I'm looking for a bag to carry it around and was looking at something like a [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Lowepro Nova 3AW. And in the picture of how to use the bag, they have the camera attached to a lens and is lens down in the bag? [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]:confused:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]

Is that the safest way to store/carry these cameras? Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions/Bad Jokes of the Day...

[/FONT]

Haha yea its fine, Its being suspended away from everything in a pouch type deal. Its really the safest design if you need to have your lens attached to your camera while you carry it inside of your bag. Anyway else it could slide around and such.

I still don't have it in me to let my camera hang from my neck strap without holding it. I was watching a photography video on youtube the other day, where the guy had his camera dangling form his neck strap off by his hip, and he was climbing around trying to get up a steep hill.. camera flinging around all over.. I just about had to go change pants.

I know these cameras are a lot more durable than I think.. I just don't want to take any chances. I baby my equipment.. probably more than I'd baby a baby.

I still don't have it in me to let my camera hang from my neck strap without holding it. I was watching a photography video on youtube the other day, where the guy had his camera dangling form his neck strap off by his hip, and he was climbing around trying to get up a steep hill.. camera flinging around all over.. I just about had to go change pants.

I know these cameras are a lot more durable than I think.. I just don't want to take any chances. I baby my equipment.. probably more than I'd baby a baby.
:lol:

That's why I look at some of these bags and just question them cause I can't imagine some of them protecting my camera. But at the same time, I don't want a tank of a case. I'm kind of leaning towards the bags that are more of a backpack style for comfort since I don't need to have my camera readily available.

If you can, get into a good camera store and get your hands on some bags. I tried to pick a camera bag by looking at the photos on the internet, but when I found it in a store...I realized that it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Lowepro bags are pretty good, highly recommended.

Like Big Mike said, your best bet would be to go to a camera store for an hour or two and get a feel for the different bags. One should grow on you.

For what its worth to you: find the bag you want and then get one just a little bigger. There is always something else to put in it.

Good call Big Mike and RLM! Of course the camera bug has bitten me and I want stuff now, but that would probably be the best thing to do. Probably can do that this weekend though :(

The couple bags that I have are lowepro and I like them, I usually use a nova 4aw and like it a lot, though it is getting small for me. I would like to get a 5aw, but I am pretty sure they don't make them anymore. But back to your question, lowepro is the only one I have experience with but some tamrac ones that I looked at weren't too bad. I just recently found out that pelican makes soft bags (thought they only made hard cases) and I imagine that they are awfully nice and may look into those.

I would recommend a back pack. I love my Lowepro for two reasons. Number one, it gave me room to grow into. Most people buy a bag to fit what they have. Then they get more stuff, and a new bag. Repeat. A back pack is roomy. It's nice to know when you go on vacation that you can bring more than you'll probably need, just because it'll fit. Number two is comfort. They distribute the weight so well that it's easier to walk around for a couple hours wearing it. When I carried a bag, I found myself switching from shoulder to shoulder constantly after about an hour.

I second (or third) the suggestion to visit a store and get a feel for different options. Also consider how you're likely to use it and pick a suitable type (shoulder bag, backpack, sling bag, etc). I personally use a Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW and like how it sits on my back yet can be swung around for easy access.

I have this bag and love it. lots of different compartments and places to store everything! Comfy to carry and has front straps to keep it from moving around much.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home and I love it. Fits all my needed gear (Gripped D90 w/ 18-105 attached, sb-600, sigma 10-20, nikon 50, and tamron 70-300) comfortably.

Amazon.com: Crumpler The 7 Million Dollar Home: Sports & Outdoors

I can arrange it to fit my 13" macbook as well, but it gets a bit cramped. I wanted the messenger style for the ease of slinging it around to grab things out of. I was hoping I could fit my laptop in easier, but I'll rarely ever need to take it with me so it should be fine. If I do end up carrying it more I'll buy something else.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back