DSLR Camera: Which One?

Get a 1Ds Mark III and justify it by saying you need full-frame. :)

If money from the Government is no object...................NIKON D4 or the NIKON D800.
I can tell you now they aint gonna pay for professional grade cameras for a student.

PENTAX K5 you'll thank me later.

I agree. The Pentax K-5 would probably be an excellent choice for you.

If you truely have an unlimited budget then go for a d4.

I will keep everyone updated when I get confirmation of the camera I will be receiving. For all the veterans out there.

It has been a long time since I have seen this post, LOL. Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. They did actually end up buying me a Canon 5D Mark III with the 24-105mm f/4.0 lens. I also got a Canon 600EX-RT flash and a 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro CF Card. I am working on requesting additional lenses here in the next month, I will try not to wait so long to get back to you with the news.

Nikon, baby! Oh, and some Pocket Wizards....

Get a Sony A99 and a Zeiss Sonnar 24-70mm f2.8 and if you still have any money a Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f1.8.

since school is picking up the tab, go with a full frame!:) the Canon 6D is an excellent camera and its not as expensive as the 5D, but its still an awesome camera and its a full frame. Shooting portraits? save up and get yourself an 85mm. That plus a full frame is the perfect portrait setup:)

since school is picking up the tab, go with a full frame!:) the Canon 6D is an excellent camera and its not as expensive as the 5D, but its still an awesome camera and its a full frame. Shooting portraits? save up and get yourself an 85mm. That plus a full frame is the perfect portrait setup:)

If you read the post.... He already got a camera. But you're right about the lens suggestion.

I am enrolled in the Vocational Rehabilitation program and they will purchase anything my schooling requires for my success. The program will grant me almost anything I request if I show justification for the purchase. Seeing as though they will only purchase 1 camera for me, I see getting the best camera that suits my shooting needs the best choice as it will have to serve me well after I graduate and begin my professional photo career. I have been very attracted to the 7D and the Nikon equivalent. But I have also been warned about getting or not getting a full frame sensored camera which can benefit or negatively effect certain types of shooting...
It sounds like a perfect example of what's wrong with our government. Why are you pursuing a field where the average yearly salary is about $18000 and there are few good jobs. Photography is a fine hobby but the chances of finding lucrative employment in the field is very slim.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back