DSLR Flash Vs Point and Shoot Flash?

skeletonman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Kinda new to photography....anyway...just gotten a new DSRL couple of days back.

And when I was playing around with it...I kinda feel..that point and shoot cam has a brighted flash compare to DSRL.

Tried playin it in my room.....point and shoot....the pics are bright...
under auto mode.

DSLR auto mode...not as bright.... For DSLR to achieve brighter lightings...a additonal flash is needed? Pls advise.

if your images appear too dark, then they are not correctly exposed. I guess just something went wrong technically.

Also, ou never know what exactly the auto mode of a camera does.. this might vary from model to model.

You can shoot underexposed images with the brightest flash if you want to.

if your images appear too dark, then they are not correctly exposed. I guess just something went wrong technically.

Also, ou never know what exactly the auto mode of a camera does.. this might vary from model to model.

You can shoot underexposed images with the brightest flash if you want to.

Thanks for the reply. The images are not TOO dark. But just slightly darker than the point and shoot cam.

The DSLR is Oylmpus E510 and the point and shoot is a Canon G7.
It seems G7 under auto mode produces brighter flash.

Maybe you are right change the settins on the DSRL might work.

Maybe the digi-cam photos are too bright.

Your DSLR (and probably) you digi-cam probably have FEC, flash exposure compensation. So you can change the amount of flash exposure.

Also, either camera probably has different flash metering....so they might not be taking the same things into consideration.

Yet anther theory is that the DSLR is set to slightly less flash exposure because it's trying to avoid over exposure. When details are lost because it's too bright, it's much harder to recover that detail that if it's too dark.

well, if they are not too dark, then maybe your p&s just overexposes in auto, or maybe you just get more direct reflections in your images with the p&s since the flash is closer to the optical axis (lens)?

one would have to see the images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back