DSLR for lefties???

I think that with some amount of use, most peoples hands "learn" and It becomes second nature.

Is anyone a drummer? or have you at least attempted to play your friends drum kit?
Regardless of right/left dominance, your right hand and foot always want to to the same thing, and both hands want to do the same thing, and both feet want to do the same thing,

And then you become frustrated and the throw the sticks at the bassist, and yell some profanities.
Then when the real drummer starts playing again and can't here you, you tell some "drummer Jokes" to other people.

Basically its the same thing, you have to break your body of its habits and natural synchronization, then it will eventually feel like second nature.

I think that with some amount of use, most peoples hands "learn" and It becomes second nature.

Is anyone a drummer? or have you at least attempted to play your friends drum kit?
Regardless of right/left dominance, your right hand and foot always want to to the same thing, and both hands want to do the same thing, and both feet want to do the same thing,

And then you become frustrated and the throw the sticks at the bassist, and yell some profanities.
Then when the real drummer starts playing again and can't here you, you tell some "drummer Jokes" to other people.

Basically its the same thing, you have to break your body of its habits and natural synchronization, then it will eventually feel like second nature.

I have been left handed for over 35 years......nothing has ever, and I doubt will even, feel like second nature with my right hand. It's not so much a "habit" as it is brain control.....definitely not a choice we make.
I am well aware that people used to get "broken" of this "habit" back in the days, but they never really function as well being forced to use the right.

Everyone is different, some people can use both, some are like me and are useless with the right hand. It would just be nice to be able to have the option to purchase merchandise more suited for Southpaws :) But as mentioned this is costly for a small number who demand it.

So what is the best way to get all those smudges off the screen when I pick it up with the left?

gotta represent lefties :), remember we're more artistic ;). if your problem is picking up and putting it down just pick it up once and never put it down again. but its not biggy which hand you pick it up with just grip the lens and the body together.

yeah, my biggest advice is to get the habit of grabbing the camera by the lens with your intuitive left hand and lowering the camera down into your right hand, putting the grip right where it belongs.

when i grab my camera with my left i take my thumb and my index and get a good grip on the lens and let the bottom of the body rest in my palm and then take my other three fingers and grip the side. works fine for me and then i just grab the grip with my right hand and"curl" my three fingers under the camera body and now i have my left thumb and index finger on the lens to focus and support it..

wow that was a long explanation on how to hold a camera sorry about that

I have been left handed for over 35 years......nothing has ever, and I doubt will even, feel like second nature with my right hand. It's not so much a "habit" as it is brain control.....definitely not a choice we make.
I am well aware that people used to get "broken" of this "habit" back in the days, but they never really function as well being forced to use the right.

In second and third grade my teachers would smack myr hand with a wood ruler attempting to make me a righty. This was the early 1960's. Didn't work, but to this day my hand writing is terrible. The only thing I can do "right-handed" is golf. I suck at it, but I suck less playing as a righty. I feel like I have more control with my left hand pulling through my drive. Putting makes no difference, right or left.

Don't you know the left hand is "unclean" it is the tool of the devil. Remember in roman times it was the hand used for wiping that is why the nuns were supposed to beat it out of you in sixth grade. If they did not you are just destined to go through life on the wrong side of everything. If you don't agree with all that I agree with the guy who said try the "Leftorium".

leftorium_400.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back