dSLR vs Point & Shoot

P.S. In the 3rd photo that woman is a giant, she's ha'f as big as the house!

rofl yeah man, she is taller than the door behind her!! she'd have to bend over to get in.

A UV filter should not make any differences in focusing. I know that the Nikon D200 has settings where one can choose priorities, and selecting focus priority, pics came out much better. Perhaps the Canon has these settings as well?

Concerning P&S vs dSLR, most dSLR cameras are less sharp and less saturated in their default settings to preserve picture quality and detail. On most, one can tweak in camera but I've found that best restults are not to change this area in camera, shoot RAW and do it post processing.

It is worth the difference in quality.

It's a Jessops UV filter (large chain of photographic stores for those not in the UK).

I gave the filter a good clean yesterday then fired off a few shots, almost acceptable but not pin sharp. I'm yet to give it a good tryout tho and I'll try without the filter too.

I'm very new and so this may not be important but I had a similar problem.

I have an SP 550 UZ Olympus.

I was not focusing. Everything was focusing especially the more zoom I used.

I called Olympus. They told me to open the memory card door and reset the camera to it's original settings. It worked. There is a setting in the menu to do that without opening the door but it did not work and I did not know about the open door menu.

Thanks,
tbrownarcher (nate)

It's a Jessops UV filter (large chain of photographic stores for those not in the UK).

I gave the filter a good clean yesterday then fired off a few shots, almost acceptable but not pin sharp. I'm yet to give it a good tryout tho and I'll try without the filter too.

Sometime off-brand filters are hazy and stuff. Definitely try without the filter.

Most reactions

Back