Duck!

Hey Mohain, any sign of ducklings yet???

Ahh yes, forgot!

The pics aren't very good, just had a couple of mins before I went to work and the blighters didn't keep still for a moment!

_MG_1832.jpg

_MG_1833.jpg

_MG_1834.jpg

_MG_1838.jpg

_MG_1844.jpg

They're were all gone by the time I got back from work :( At least the ponds getting back to normal now :p

OMG, I think I counted 14 ducklings in that one shot! What a big brood. I really like these shots... thanks so much for taking 'em and posting them.
duck.gif

Very cool pictures. Great job!

Mohain, did you mean they are gone for good?

Hmmm, where did my long rambling reply go to?

She will only hang around the garden for approx. 24hrs after they hatch and then walks them down to the nearest large body of water (the canal) where she will stay with them until they can fly, which I think is about 6 to 8 weeks. The last 3 years she has been back to lay a second cluth every year after about 3 weeks, which suggests she's a crap mother and all the duckings have died or been adpoted by other ducks. Mind you at peak season there are millions of the little blighters all darting around the canal so I'm pretty sure other ducks 'adopt' extra ducklings all the time.

She hasn't been back yet, so I guess everything's going well :) If there's an update, you'll be the first to know :)

Most reactions

Back