Ducks taking off

amoki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Was shooting at a family feeding ducks with bread when, all of a sudden, WHAM! and most of the ducks decided to take off without any sort of disruption... even more amazing, it was shot from a 75-300mm F4-5.6 without a tripod AND didn't even have time to aim true and well... (Those who have the lense know that the lense is heavy and really causes camera shake easily. If only I could have an IS lense :( )

Was a pity that I couldn't step down the aperture to give the blurred motion, but mano, it's a spectacular sight. Cropped and colour-corrected :blushing:

img0305good.jpg

I think that picture looks quite amazing.

you're quite right thatcamerathingy, those are not ducks....they are the dreaded northeastern new zealand non-cemetery water crow. this particular species feeds on small mammal, weighing them down and therefore rendering their take-offs slow...easy to catch on film or sensor. nice work...i haven't one in a while.

Water Crows! Aren't they mallard ducks in New Zealand ? (All right, I know nothing abourt birds, they are look like ducks to me as long as they float on water :D ) It just happened so that it's hunting season now and that most ducks are concentrated around Hamilton Lake to get away from the shotguns :) The background is Waikato Hospital.

With regards to the "crow-business" going on here on the board, don't take anyone seriously any longer, amoki, or you will get all confused in the end.

Among you and I: sure these are just mallard ducks!
That is exactly what they are.

But tortoises have already been called "crows" here, and my crow (i.e. photo of a real and true crow) was called a "bear"...by this same JonMikal, if you believe it or not, a BEAR he said it was. So I called the photos of his pigeons "a colony of sea lions", :greenpbl:, so there! Ha! ;)

You are in a madhouse here, so never you worry.

As to the photo: how lucky you were to capture this one! Congrats.

hoooray! somebody shot crows! At last!!! congrats mate :)
Jon is surely jealous!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back