Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another session at the RCN Fire Training School. These sailors are learning advanced helicopter-crash rescue and fire-fighting techniques. As always, C&C appreciated.

Fire2%20%281%29.jpg

Fire2%20%282%29.jpg

Fire2%20%283%29.jpg

Fire2%20%284%29.jpg

Awesome! Looks like a cool (hot) assignment!

Very nice control of the fire.

Its very easy to have everything blown out when shooting fire and you handledit very well.

These are interesting and fun to look at.

Nothing I would change.

Awesome.Fire is exciting and scary as heck to.

• Incredible!! You have an extremely eye catching set here. Number one is my favorite because of the burst pattern in the stream of water. I bet it was amazing to watch! I might have been to entranced to remember to take photos!

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome ! #1 is my fav . How close did you get ? Could you feel the heat ? HA! , Nice ones !

It's a very nice series. I just totally LOVE #1. The silhouette of the fire fighters, the jets of water caught in the blast, how you didn't let the flames get over-exposed, the overall composition. That's fine work sir--damn well done. The whole series is good but that one in particular is impressive.

Awesome! Looks like a cool (hot) assignment!
Thanks! It was.

#1 is my fav. I love shooting fires. At the big ones you get doughnuts and coffee from the Red Cross ladies.
There was coffee and doughnuts here too... no Red Cross ladies though.

Very nice control of the fire.

Its very easy to have everything blown out when shooting fire and you handledit very well.

These are interesting and fun to look at.

Nothing I would change.
Thanks! :)

Awesome.Fire is exciting and scary as heck to.
Yep!

• Incredible!! You have an extremely eye catching set here. Number one is my favorite because of the burst pattern in the stream of water. I bet it was amazing to watch! I might have been to entranced to remember to take photos!
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Jazzie!

Awesome ! #1 is my fav . How close did you get ? Could you feel the heat ? HA! , Nice ones !
Yeah! I was shooting one-handed and covering my face with the one that wasn't holding the camera!

I love #1. Now come on, @tirediron, why didn't you take a picture of the flames from inside out?
Dam... why didn't I think of that???????

It's a very nice series. I just totally LOVE #1. The silhouette of the fire fighters, the jets of water caught in the blast, how you didn't let the flames get over-exposed, the overall composition. That's fine work sir--damn well done. The whole series is good but that one in particular is impressive.
Thanks Joe!

Wow! Great set, John. It somehow looks much more intense than the training fires we had when I was in the mob.

Did you save one photo for the "Hot" monthly contest?

Wow! Great set, John. It somehow looks much more intense than the training fires we had when I was in the mob.
It's a whole different world, that's for sure! No more 'mile high plume of black smoke'

Did you save one photo for the "Hot" monthly contest?
I could probably find one!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back