Dukat

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot (handheld) with Vivitar 400mm on Canon EF, ASA 800 (Uncropped full frame)

Reprocessed see post #7

468939_F800_004_1.jpg

Where I live I don't see many of these, but this one is always around, I playfuly call him Dukat.

I'll clean up the dust later tonight.

Last edited:
This one's nice. A bit centred, but since you are showing us the uncropped frame and COULD have cropped it in a different way ... it's ok. I understand where "centred" comes from! Nice to see "him" (?) midstep. Well in focus, nice blurry background. Although the light's from a little behind, there still is detail in the near feathers and eye ... Nice friend you got there! Hi there, Dukat!

This one's nice. A bit centred, but since you are showing us the uncropped frame and COULD have cropped it in a different way ... it's ok. I understand where "centred" comes from!

Well, to be honest with you, it was left uncropped for the same reason the scanning dust was not cleaned up. I usually use my older program for all cropping and cloning because I prefer the manor it is exicuted on that program. For some stupid reason when ever a major update comes into this computer that program gets uninstalled and now I am with out it untill I can dig up the installation disks or take the photos home.

I did make an attempt at cropping this a little wile prior to posting but I don't seem to know what the heck I did to crop earlier, the thing kept trying to resize the image, I said to hell with that and left the remaining shots out as they really need some croping, unlike this one that could potentially hold it's own at full frame.

Nice to see "him" (?) midstep. Well in focus, nice blurry background. Although the light's from a little behind, there still is detail in the near feathers and eye ... Nice friend you got there! Hi there, Dukat!

Yeah he lets me get close, he just toddles around, he looks at me and keeps right on toddling as if I was not even there. Maybe one of these days I'll get him something to munch on, maybe I can get him close enough for another good bust shot this time with out the teleconverter, maybe even a shorter prime.

Nice shot. and he does kinda look like Dukat.

Thanks.

I was wondering how long it would take for some one to point out the reference, I see it did not take long at all. ;)

I'm currently reinstalling my editing programhopfully if all goes right I should have atleast one more from this set tonight.

This is the way I would have cropped it, too.
And is Dukat a gull from a film ... say "Finding Nemo" or so? It's been a while since I last saw that one so I'm no longer familiar with some of the names. I only clearly remember "Bruce" ;) .

Next one Same set and time
Shot (handheld) with Vivitar 400mm on Canon EF, ASA 800

468939_F800_006_2.jpg

Bigger here

This is the way I would have cropped it, too.
And is Dukat a gull from a film ... say "Finding Nemo" or so? It's been a while since I last saw that one so I'm no longer familiar with some of the names. I only clearly remember "Bruce" ;) .
Thanks, I liked the way that crop looked, I tried a couple other concepts but that one won hands down.

Actually. The reference in to the Star Trek charachter Gul Dukat

I much prefer the first to this new one, as the background in the first is ever so much cleaner (and less distracting).

I much prefer the first to this new one, as the background in the first is ever so much cleaner (and less distracting).

Yeah, as do I. Also the first was much better lit given the white of his feathers, but this second photo shows just how comfortable he with me around. I literally got up and walked right around him and knelt back down and resumed shooting.

I like the first one. It is really much clearer.

Most reactions

Back