Dumbass Scanner Question

star camera company

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
heres what I Want; A simple film scanner for 35mm that works using a cable that connects to my iPhone. I want to scan images, input into phone, then store and send images from the phone. I have no PC or laptop. What’s out there?

I haven't heard of anything like that—there aren't too many products I'm aware of that utilize the phone as an input device.

But I'm sure there is some sort of app that can colour correct negatives if you were to just get a light up tracing pad (you can get a decent one for $30-40) and take a picture of the negative being illuminated on the pad. I know there are a few people here who "scan" negatives that way, just with a DSLR instead of a phone camera.

Google shows a few thousand hits, most are apps. A few are called scanners but are just boxes with a light and lens you put the phone on and use an app to “scan” the neg or slide.

What I want it a “real” scanner for negatives that will export that file to my iPhone via cable.

My scanner needs an interface based on MS Windows software and can scan directly to a USB flash drive. I cant see how a physical scanner can plug directly into an iphone UNLESS you just use the phone as a flash drive.

Maybe something like FilmBox Negative Scanner - Photomyne FAQ
never used it.

Brookstone has a document scanner to iPhone but I have not heard of any film scanner direct to iPhone.

I know this is not what you want but you could use your phone as the scanner with this..... KODAK Mobile Film Scanner

heres what I Want; A simple film scanner for 35mm that works using a cable that connects to my iPhone. I want to scan images, input into phone, then store and send images from the phone. I have no PC or laptop. What’s out there?

Another dumbass question... Have you considered the purchase of a cheap light table, placing the film onto that light table and shooting an image with your phone and then using Photoshop (for your phone- it's free) and inverting the image in "Levels" to get the positive, crop and do whatever post work needs to be completed? Seems a lot more simple and cheaper as well... Just a suggestion. Don't do this on a white monitor on a computer at the library. You will get the monitor pixels.

Obviously I’ve photographed negs with the iPhone. I can make a “rig” to hold the phone and light the neg that’s not an issue, so maybe I’ll do that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back