What's new

Dune 32

Mike Lamb

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
1,641
Reaction score
598
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dune32jpg_Vga.jpg
 
Would be a bit nicer if the horizon was level.
 
Would be a bit nicer if the horizon was level.

Am I missing something here or are you just REALLY picky? I downloaded this photo and loaded it inCS5 just to make sure. But seriously, that horizon is only off by literally a couple of millimeters.



Now, I do not mean that in a bad way. I have a TERRIBLE eye. But, just due to the way the waves are coming it does it make it seem worse than it is? Or are my eyes even worse than I thought?
 
Horizon looks level to me. There might be a bit of an optical illusion with the heavier, darker clouds on the right pulling the horizon up, but it looks level to me. I hate trying to shoot clouds, I usually manage to blow out half of them.
 
The horizon is off a little bit. I think it was half a degree according to photoshop. I downloaded the photo, measured the horizon. Rotated the canvas to it then to the horizon. Trimmed the photo to get rid of the white edges. I can barely see the difference and I measure angles for a living. The way I originally noticed, after the comment, that it was unlevel was by using the scroll bar on the right to line up with the left side of the horizon and saw a little tiny sliver of water on the right.

I was just amazed that the other guy could tell that just glancing at it.
 
Thanks all. The horizon is odd. Don't know what looks right.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom