What's new

Durham Cathedral II - B&W

ahelg

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
338
Reaction score
0
Location
Durham, UK
Here is another B&W photograph I took at Durham cathedral. Personally, I don't really like it all that much, but some friends have said they liked it. So what do you people think? Personally I feel the light is way to harshe.

320729586_81f1be5bb0.jpg
 
Well, I have seen the first and liked that one a whole lot better than this. So I tend to agree with you in saying it is not quite as good. When you take a photo of a cathedral you want to capture its architecture (in most cases that is) and its detail. And this photo taken right against the light does not give you the opportunity. The sun glare takes away ever so much from the structure of the cathedral. I do see why the little sun burst might be intriguing to some, but all in all I find the building too dark.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom