What's new

Dusk

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is something I've been playing around with and finally got one I'm pretty happy with.
I shot this on the river at dusk.
Would love to hear your thoughts on it :)
C&C very welcome and appreciated.

 
Last edited:
Thanks Frequency and Shirley :)
 
Really cool image. I love it. It has a kind of spooky effect to it, especially with the bird flying through. :thumbup::thumbup:
 
I don't like it. Too small. I see hints of an intriguing, haunting scene, but ITS. TOO. SMALL!

(Sorry Judi, I think your image should be at least 1200 pixels on the vertical size. Then it will fill up my monitor... and I can enjoy it. or swipe it for my screensaver heh,heh,heh!):D
 
Thanks EDL, Carol and Pgriz :)

Pgriz, I might be able to hook you up if you really want it ;)

I'm actually kinda surprised nobody has said there is something odd about the image yet ;) but that's very cool!
 
I'm actually kinda surprised nobody has said there is something odd about the image yet ;) but that's very cool!
It's upside down :)

Monet would've liked this image, and I believe many people think Money had good taste ;)
 
Wow Invisible, thanks :)
Yep it's the reflection on the river/upside down, except the bird, he isn't a reflection :)
 
Wow Invisible, thanks :)
Yep it's the reflection on the river/upside down, except the bird, he isn't a reflection :)

I knew that. Really I did, I just thought it was obvious so I didn't say anything. :confused: :D
 
lol ;)
 
Shooting reflections and then inverting them is a favourite trick of mine. What's difficult, is finding the location where the reflections are interesting, having the light in the right place, and having enough stillness so that the water is relatively smooth. You can try to plan these, but it's very hit and miss. When you get a good one, like you did, it's very satisfying. I've also found that if the water is TOO still, then it's not as interesting. So having the conditions just right... you either have lots of patience or lots or luck... or both.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom