What's new

Dust on the lens...

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
155
Reaction score
2
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm sure this is pretty common, but just wondering how you handle it? Not the lens glass up front, but when you change the lens, on the small back part of it. I was changing the lenses to go wide angle, and a tiny speck of dust fell on the back side of the lense that attaches to the body. (Not sure of the excact name for this other than the expensive part of the lens). I gently blew to try to remove it, but it remained, so just gently took my lens cloth and removed it and all seems fine; no problem with the lens and images are good. I just don't want to cause damage...any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul
 
Are you talking about the rear lens element? You can clean this the same as you would clean the front element. I use a Giottos Rocket Air Blower for dust. Use hot breath and a microfiber cloth for stubborn dust particles and smudges. I wouldn't blow on it with your mouth though, you might accidentally spit on it, which complicates cleaning.
 
A blower to get the particle off, if it's stubborn I use a lens pen.
 
I used "canned air." Works great for front and back glass on lenses but do NOT use it for the sensor filter.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom