What's new

Dust Speck???

Should have bought a Canon with Auto Cleaning. :greenpbl:

A lot of cameras have sensor cleaning systems, including several of the new Nikons. It is absolutely no reason to suggest someone "should have bought a Canon".
 
I've yet to have any that has stuck after cleaning.
I think it's a great feature.

Then it probably wasn't very noticeable dust. Dust cleaning systems both nikon and CANON generally aren't very good. I rather do it my self rather than some micro vibration crap.
tj
 
so it would probably be best if i took it to a shop to have it cleaned since I am really new to the dslr world?
If you do some research on the web first you can do it yourself, it's really not all that hard. i t requires some backgrond info and being gentle. The image sensor actually has a couple of other layers in front of it. One of those layers is a UV filter.(see step 2) Another layer in front of the image sensor is the anti-aliasing filter

Step 2 is to take the UV filter off the lens. Wrap the UV filter in a clean micro cleaning cloth and put it in a dry, dark place, but remember where it is. Put it back on the lens when your ready to ship the lens to it's new owner in a couple/three of years.

So you're saying that I don't need a uv filter?

I'll see if I can google some examples I would like to try it myself.
Yes, I'm saying you don't need a UV filter on the lens. Be sure and use the lens hood, because it improves contrast, helps prevent lens flare and adds a measure of impact protection to the front of the lens. A UV filter on the other hand will not increase image quality, promotes lens flare and if broken can gouge the much more expensive front glass of the lens.

A good Circular Polarizing Filter (CPL) is handy to have and a complete kit will also have some Neutral Density (ND) and Graduated Neutral Density GND) filters.
 
Then it probably wasn't very noticeable dust. Dust cleaning systems both nikon and CANON generally aren't very good. I rather do it my self rather than some micro vibration crap.
tj

Define noticeable. Showing up in pictures? Yup, after self cleaning, gone.


A lot of cameras have sensor cleaning systems, including several of the new Nikons. It is absolutely no reason to suggest someone "should have bought a Canon".
Lighten up.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom