DVD Burning Software

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
Well... I'm gradually coming into the 21st century. I installed a DVD burner today. It came with NO software (OEM).

What do you suggest I get to burn DVDs?

Thanks.

-Pete

Nero is a decent software package that does a lot of stuff, including burning. There used to be a free version of it, but I think it's only a timed trial, so you would have to buy it eventually.

I actually use a package called 'Sonic'. It came with my Sony MP3 player, of all things.

I like Magic Video Studio.

Perhaps a stupid question - Windows or Mac? Everything mentioned so far is Windows with no Mac version, I believe.

I have nero, and love it.

This depends alot on what you want out of the software.

I mainly use a PMac G5 and an older Mac-mini, but I also have 2 PC's on my segment.
On the Apple side, Toast Titanium gets much attention from me for general purpose authoring.
If it's something more specifically oriented to presentation then I use DVD Studio Pro which is part of Apples Final Cut Studio.
Final Cut Studio and DVD Studio are pretty pricey and if you don't have a specific need for it then it's very cost prohibitive.

For PC, the same company that makes Toast Titanium for the Mac makes a PC solution called Easy Media Creator.

I also use Nero though and can attest to it's versatility and reliability.

My point is that there are many options for general authoring, but if you need specific features for high end presentation your options are much more limited especially if cost is a big concern.

Are you sure your drive didn't come with ANY software?
That sounds odd. Did you buy it from a friend or something?

For My Windows PC, i use Sony DVD Architect and the default software that came with my hp, it's called sonic... uh i forgot, but it is by sonic :p and for my mac, i simply use iDVD :/

For me, CopytoDVD
Very easy to use and you can burn virtually anything, including audio compilations
has a month free trial so don't hesitate !!!!
www.vso-software.fr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back