DXO labs bought NIK software from Google

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
For anyone that uses NIK software. This may be good news? DXO purchased NIK software from Google. Google bought NIK and made it free but stopped supporting it. Now today it was announced that DXO bought it from Google. Nothing said they would start supporting it or if it would remain free. So, it may be good news, bad news, or no news at all.

For anyone that uses NIK software. This may be good news? DXO purchased NIK software from Google. Google bought NIK and made it free but stopped supporting it. Now today it was announced that DXO bought it from Google. Nothing said they would start supporting it or if it would remain free. So, it may be good news, bad news, or no news at all.

Interesting. I'd be willing to pay for it if they updated it's capabilities. It's functionality is a little wonky with the newest CC version of Photoshop.

I had almost bought Nik (the software, not the company) right before it went free. Then I did install the free version, but just don't use it as much as I thought I would. It is good to hear that someone wants to try and do something with it, might as well be DXO. Probable like On1 and ACD they are looking to pick up people looking for LightRoom alternatives.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back