e-mailing RAW Photos

db880

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a D90 Nikon Camera supported with Nikon View NX1.1.1. If I upgrade to Nikon View NX 1.5.2. can I install it using Windows XP or do I need to install Windows 7? Can the e-mail fuction for NX 1.5.2 send RAW images? Should I forget about NX 1.5.2 and install NX 2 ? Has anyone written a review on this subject? If so would you please tell me how to locate it.

Thanks for any help you can give on this matter.

db880

Hi Kieth,

Thanks for the help so far. I have installed NX2 hoping to se an e-mail icon like NX1.1.1. but I don't see one. The icon on NX 1.1.1. never worked so I assume they've just deleted that feature. Can you tell me how to send a high res. or RAW image to a friend on the net?

Thanks
db880

If the Raw file is saved on your computers HD, just open youw e-mail and attach it as a file.

Like it was stated above, the biggest concern will be the file size limits of the sending or receiving provider.

Is it possible to just put them in a compressed .zip folder and e-mail it? Or even put it on an online storage website as a .zip and the client or whoever can download the entire folder?

Is it possible to just put them in a compressed .zip folder and e-mail it? Or even put it on an online storage website as a .zip and the client or whoever can download the entire folder?

Yes, I've used Dropbox - Home - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy. and it works nicely. They don't offer a ton of space but you can increase it every time someone adds an account that you refer. It works well and you can choose who you share certain files with. Although why would you give your client raw files??

NX 2 is a leap year ahead of 1.5 and worth the upgrade. Your IP is the limiting factor in emailing your better off using a FTP site.

better off using a FTP site.

I know I just took an international flight but I'm sure this is still 2010 :lmao:

There's about a million sites out there allowing you to temporarily upload a file and it'll spit back a link. Most kids today don't even know what FTP is.

X2 on Dropbox. Works great for jockeying crap around...

Most reactions

Back