E Session

cminus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cminusphotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You can post E sessions in the people gallery, that's an appropriate place. ;-)

I dunno where to start so I'll let you folks do it. I will say that my first impression is that they are not flattering of an engagement, which to me is the point of an E session. Although I concur with the schwett, I do think 5 is nice.

I would also fix her belly on #5

Would cropping up from bottom be the best way to go, or do you have another method? I just thought of crop as it is not very flattering as it is.

Not a crop, that would cut the arms at the elbows. I think Schettylens is talking about a pull or a drag (I don't use PS etc. So I'm not sure of the terminology). Also #6 is a little unflattering.

Yeah, that's why I was asking, I am not good at all at editing people, so my noob first thought was crop.

Thanks for the feedback, I used this as inspiration for some of the locations (literally, its bookmarked on my tablet)

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/professional-gallery/285974-engage.html

Are you stating the poses are cheesey,the locations, the camera angles?

Please let me know how you would edit the belly out, I use LR and also have CS5, but am not sure where to edit that?

I didn't think they were all bad darn, back to the "drawing board" I guess...

Glad to see you are receptive to opinions, you will probly get more help having that attitude about it all. +1

I don't want to say they are all "bad", I just really feel they are unflattering to the couple, the engagement, and the woman. To me they have a tone of "goofy", which I would not want in an E session personally. Not that everything has to be "serious", but I don't think goofy/silly works.

technically, they are good...as far as your light/focus/etc...so thats a plus. I would say check the link and work more on capturing the "feel" of them in love and about to start their lives together vs. hangin out at a park being silly kids....which may well fit their personality, but you want to hold yourself and your work to higher standards if you want to present yourself in the arena as a professional.

I don't really like how her fingertips in the first picture are out of focus. Maybe that's just me.

Also, my first impression of the last pic is that it makes her butt look enormous.
She doesn't look that big in any of the other pictures.

I really like those images, probably because i am not a trained to analyse the technicalties. One thing i am sure you have included many creative elements in the images..

The images narrate their characters too: she is very romantic and he is very fun loving, may be
i really liked image #3; it looks like a song scene from a Bollywood movie....
In image #6, heart is not that below, if you meant it that way :lol:
Regards :D

Thanks for the feedback, I used this as inspiration for some of the locations (literally, its bookmarked on my tablet)

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/professional-gallery/285974-engage.html

Are you stating the poses are cheesey,the locations, the camera angles?

Please let me know how you would edit the belly out, I use LR and also have CS5, but am not sure where to edit that?

I didn't think they were all bad darn, back to the "drawing board" I guess...

Hah, I am flattered that my shots inspired you! As you can see, I do have some cheesy stuff but I try my best not to do too much (or share too much).

Glad to see you are receptive to opinions, you will probly get more help having that attitude about it all. +1

If I got butt hurt from what people said on the internet, i would never enojy life lol, so no worries, I asked for CNC and you gave it in a very respectful manner.

Its good to hear that I at least got the lighting right for the most part, I know focus can be improved for sure. I used an off camera flash, non ttl, so that makes me feel better lol.

and thanks Frequency! HAHA, yes, the heart is in the wrong spot :)

some other shots from the same set. man after looking at these i definitely need to work on posing ugh.

Sara&Chris-3 by cminusphotos, on Flickr

Sara&Chris-4 by cminusphotos, on Flickr

Sara&Chris-9 by cminusphotos, on Flickr

Sara&Chris-17 by cminusphotos, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back