E Session

Thanks for the feedback, I used this as inspiration for some of the locations (literally, its bookmarked on my tablet)

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/professional-gallery/285974-engage.html

Are you stating the poses are cheesey,the locations, the camera angles?

Please let me know how you would edit the belly out, I use LR and also have CS5, but am not sure where to edit that?

I didn't think they were all bad darn, back to the "drawing board" I guess...

Hah, I am flattered that my shots inspired you! As you can see, I do have some cheesy stuff but I try my best not to do too much (or share too much).

Love your captures bud, they are some of the ones that always stick with me when I compose shots, i know...weird I guess lol, but I creep on here alot and in preparation for this (which was a free shoot in case anyone was wondering :) ) I searched E Sessions and loved those captures! So, be flattered dude, you do good work and the feedback is much appreciated fo sho.

in any case, no worries on the cheese factor, this was my first try and as the shot went on I got much more comfortable with getting poses, as time passes the posing and composition will get easier.

Esp since now i just got a D7000 yay!

C

You want to hear what I tell my clients the most when I do engagement session... Go stand here, you stand there, pretend you are in high school and you are hitting on her. Work on your "dont look at the camera" poses. Also work on "only one person looking at the camera" pose. Most of the time, poses with both looking at the camera only work on regular portrait compositions. When you do tell them to kiss, tell them no duck face and not lips touching. I hope that helps.

P.S. That location is good. The tree is awesome.. you can do a lot of things with that! Remember... Leading lines, creative framing, reflection, good poses. You kinda did a creative framing when you surrounded them with the tree, but the pose was not there.

Thanks for the feedback, I used this as inspiration for some of the locations (literally, its bookmarked on my tablet)

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/professional-gallery/285974-engage.html

Are you stating the poses are cheesey,the locations, the camera angles?

Please let me know how you would edit the belly out, I use LR and also have CS5, but am not sure where to edit that?

I didn't think they were all bad darn, back to the "drawing board" I guess...

Hah, I am flattered that my shots inspired you! As you can see, I do have some cheesy stuff but I try my best not to do too much (or share too much).

Love your captures bud, they are some of the ones that always stick with me when I compose shots, i know...weird I guess lol, but I creep on here alot and in preparation for this (which was a free shoot in case anyone was wondering :) ) I searched E Sessions and loved those captures! So, be flattered dude, you do good work and the feedback is much appreciated fo sho.

in any case, no worries on the cheese factor, this was my first try and as the shot went on I got much more comfortable with getting poses, as time passes the posing and composition will get easier.

Esp since now i just got a D7000 yay!

C

I see many shots in the landscape orientation that would be better photo compositions if they were shot in the vertical orientation.

I like your second set better. The first pic of 2nd set is a good one. You already know your focus issues so no point beating a dead horse, just wanted to chime in that I like set two better than set 1. I also agree on the portrait orientation thing stated above.

Like the first on... Others like a bit too posed. Good to let them do their owns thing, to make it look a bit more natural.

Most reactions

Back