Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CedarWaxwing2a.jpg

CedarWaxwing6a.jpg

CedarWaxwing4.jpg

Cool shots, but they are not very sharp. Were you using the 300 f/4?

Very nice shots of the Cedar Waxwing.
I like the bokeh a lot, especially in #3.
Feathers are a little soft, but looks like you might have done that intentionally?

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment !

I shot those pictures from a very awkward position with not the greatest amount of light (right after sunrise in a fairly dark area). They did come out somewhat soft but I still felt they were good enough to share. The lens I used was a 300mm f.4 with a D200 body so the setup is capable of taking good pictures (cardinals from the previous post were shot with the same setup) but I guess there is always room for improvement. Sometimes, the biggest difficulty is approaching the bird rather than taking the actual shot... A more powerful lens would always be great to have but we all know how much good glass costs :grumpy:
Anyways, thanks again for all your comments ! I am going to give this another try next weekend and hopefully I'll catch them in a better location.

(BTW, full exifs are included in the pbase galleries)

I think it's great the way you stepped us through the breakfast process in the series. I'm just thankful you didn't provide us with the fourth shot...the end result.

Well done.

Thanks for the comments!

I think it's great the way you stepped us through the breakfast process in the series. I'm just thankful you didn't provide us with the fourth shot...the end result.
lol kundalini... I think 3 pictures were enough to get the point across. I leave the rest to your imagination!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back