Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C and c greatly received.

I got up early the other morning (5am) to go out and take some sunrise pictures at the beach, These are the pictures I am most happy with, all though I have a bad habit of centering the horizon.

I did struggle when the sun actually appeared with metering -most pictures came out to dark-so I guess most people would do a tone map or hdr for that kind of thing? also the sun going through my lens, hitting my mirror and then my viewfinder to my eye was extremely blinding-any sugestions with that?

The first one is my favorite.
2942326828_8515d1ce05_b.jpg

2943294624_7946a06094_b.jpg

2942435617_7ab0f60eb1_b.jpg

4, one of a reflection, not overly happy with it as it was not particularly sharp due to by shutterspeed and aperture choice (although you cant tell at this size), I did like the composition though.
2942559997_bcbf019d5e_b.jpg

I like #1!! The rest don't really do anything for me :(..if you lightened the rocks on #3 that might be the 2nd I like from your set :)

I just noticed, but watch out for the sky in the 1st..it looks a little blown. Maybe try using an ND filter next time you try a long exposure in daylight.

A graduated filter since only part of your image will be blown and the rest of your image is still dark.

Nice pictures, the reflection is great on that last one.
And I have to say I am so totally jealous that your sun is still rising at 5am! It's now dark here still at 7am!

it actually rises at 713 had to get up early to go scout the area, was there by 630 :)

Thanks for the comments and tips

I love them all. I think that 1 and 4 are my favorites! Good job!

Actually, #2 is my favorite out of this set. Not sure why exactly. I think it just really captures the feel and solitude of an early morning beach better than most sunrise/set shots.

The sky in #1 makes me think of Jupiter!

The last one looks kinda cool, but I wish I could easily notice the water line so I'd know it's the reflection, you know what I mean?

If there was a boat or something it'd be perfect. I could easily know its the reflection.

The first one is great, but I find that centre band in the middle of the sky just a tiny bit too bright!

number 1 is incredible i think. the sky in 3 is beautiful and the reflection in 4 is insane!!! great shots

Most reactions

New Topics

Back