earn money from your photos

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by lynch512, Jan 10, 2005.

1. tmpadmin

tmpadmin TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Let me just get this straight. If you snap off 100 photos and like 10 of them, work with them then sell them for $XXXXXXX (whatever), you made your money that you wanted to make on that lot of 100 Photos. You still have 90 other shots that you do not like for one reason or other and don't want to spend any time on. This is all assuming 100 different photos... You see it as a prostitution of your art, hobby (insert other here) to post those 90 on a stock site and MAYBE make .20? We can get technical and say that the hour or so it takes to upload 90 photos is not worth .20, I agree. However, think of someone who is just getting started or is advancing, especially if they have a dslr they are snapping photos of everything in sight. If 1% of them are uploaded and 1% of those uploaded are downloaded that budding photographer just make a few bucks on his work that would normally chew up hard drive space or even be deleted. This leads to confidence in his work, which fosters the art. Than that lot of 100 photos he takes he like 15, then 20 and so on. Soon who cares about the .20 on the stock sites? I don't think stock photography is for those who have made it or are making a living off of their art, however, I see no issue with someone using it in my example.

2. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

completely disagree.

but its whatever you are into the hobby for...are you wanting to make money? or take pictures to preserve better days?

whatever

md

3. tmpadmin

tmpadmin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Sounds like you are done with the thread :) Personally, I don't have the time to bother with the stock sites plus most of what I take just wouldn't move. Not now anyway.

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i think its really great that we can talk about it and get it out in the open without becoming dorks and acting like children. but i guess it all amounts to what you want to do with your art. even though i am against this, im no one to deny anyone else there chance to make some dough!

md

5. metroshane

metroshane TPF Noob!

Um, yeah. Way to go McD. :roll:

6. railman44

railman44 TPF Noob!

Just checked out their most downloaded pics. These are the types of pictures used in Powerpoint presentations and well worth the cheap cost. That's a deal if you're responsible for putting together a legal (owned pics) presentation for your company!

7. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

tastes the hint of sarcasm in the air...

it was shane that first opposed the idea. i would give him the credit.

md

8. metroshane

metroshane TPF Noob!

:oops: :wink:

9. ruxa

ruxa TPF Noob!

as a matter of fact, dreamstime.com offers 50-65c/image, while the costs are 1-5 USD/image. not bad, ha? they also have some interesting prizes each 10k milestone. last time thay gave a Mini Mac to some Kentucky photographer for posting the image no. 100.000.. !
    ruxa

10. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

ok first of all, quit bringing up old threads just to spam them...again.

secondly, post them in the right section...or die.

ADMIN

11. fadingaway1986

fadingaway1986 I Burn Easily :(

Photos OK to edit
    I enjoy visiting the places people suggest...

Without clicking their referer links.. Hehehe. I type it in myself to make sure no one makes money off me... Woo.

12. Dweller

Dweller Inconspicuous Supporter

Photos OK to edit

The referral links is whats bothers me most. This thread was started by a spammer. He has a post count of 1. He posted his referral links and never came back :(

I did not read the etnire thread but it seems obvious when you post once and the post is a referral link that you had one purpose.