Easiest editing program for beginners

otter1833

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have never used an editing program. I have always tried to get it right in the camera. I'm not new to photography...just new to editing. The editing I will be doing is simple enhancements. Nothing fancy.

What is the easiest program for absolute beginners? My equipment is a Canon 40D with only two lenses: Canon 10-22mm and Tamron 90mmMacro.

Thanks!

Image editing isn't really all that easy. There is a pretty involved learning curve to get really good at it if the application used has much in the way of editing capabilities.
Here is some of the fundamental information that is helpful to know - Photo Editing Tutorials

A free, open source image editing application is GIMP.org, and there is Photoscape : Free Photo Editing Software (Photo Editor) Download
both have a fair amount of online tutorials and other resources.

The industry standard is Photoshop. The consumer version of Photoshop is Photoshop Elelements 11. Resources abound for Photoshop.
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11

You might go have a look at the online forum at Elements Village - Powered by vBulletin

Corel's Paint Shop Pro (PSP) has a pretty good following:
PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you own a Mac, Aperture is very good and very intuitive. Can be found in the App Store for 80 bucks.

I would vote for Lightroom 4 as the easiest one to use that is actually very powerful.

The workflow is so intuitive in LR4 that it's very easy to pick up.

Plus there is about 10,000 beginners guides on youtube.

Most reactions

Back