Easy to access camera bag?

SunnyHours

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I have figured out my future equipment. I've decided to invest in protection as well :)
I'm looking for something that will be easily accessible so that I can just flip it and take out the camera as fast quickly as possible.
I do a lot of biking as well so I'm trying to find something that would work out with my main mean of transportation.
I won't be transporting more than 2-3 lenses, a flash and 1 body at a time...maybe a tripod but I doubt it...
Weather resistant is a must since I'll probably be using the weather seals of the D7000 :lol:
I tend to not like the way sling bags look but they seem to match what I want and need though. Here are 2 bags that I really like
1-Timbuk2 Snoop Camera Messenger (I like the side strap, for biking)
2-Crumpler 5 million dollar home
3-Naneu Echo-X
Looking for other suggestions
Thanks!

I really like messenger bags and have several, but they're not so great off the bike. They also don't handle really heavy equipment on bike very well because of the way they are slung. A pack is a better all around, stable camera bag for on and off the bike. But most packs don't have great quick access. The side doors are just ok. Not many packs are that weatherproof and most messenger bags are definitely not. Quick access and waterproof might be hard to pull off. Maybe an Ortlieb roll top bag with a camera insert. I use a Tamrack Evolution 8 for work and I've sprayed it with DWR. Seems to hold up in the rain.

This is the bag I own and it is fantastic

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is the bag I own and it is fantastic

Not sure if mine is 250 or 350, it's holds 17" laptop.

Mine is definitely way too big for what I need. It's bulky as well. I bought it because I need something that allows me to carry both my camera gears and laptop while traveling by air. In terms of quick accessibility, it's not the best. I am comparing it with single-sling type bags so this is obviously not a fair comparison. I wish I got a smaller one.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the Kata 3-N-1 and it is pretty nice. It can be a sling bag or a backpack and it has an outer cover to protect your stuff if the weather gets nasty.

Yep lowepro flipside or slingshot bags or the Kata 3-N-10 or 20 bag may be the most functional for biking.

I have a Crumpler 7MDH and absolutely love it and I bike as well. But hey, guess what? I never go biking with my camera. It would be a horrible idea. I had a Kata 3N1 20 that I ended up selling because I never really used it, but that's the design you should shoot for. I wasn't a fan of the thinner straps and the pack section sticking out on it though. If I were going to go with a back pack I could sling around, I'd want a thicker strap and something that distributes the weight better.

I have a lowepro sling bag for quick trips, but just purchased an AmazonBasics DSLR Bag for my European trip coming soon. Everything fits perfect in it, I have room to grow into it.

dslrbag_amazonbasics.jpg

Only downfall, not weather proof.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back