Eat Cake! DxOMark's highest score---D800

This is great news (I saw it on NR as well. :) ). My D800 was shipped from Amazon this afternoon via 1-day air. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow!

Mark

Wow nice! You and Trever need to chill (for the sake of my savings account) =)

:D

Kinda bummed about B&H not discolosing that NPS members got first dibs regardless of those that pre-ordered earlier. I missed buying one at my local BestBuy.

It was that way through every NPS dealer. Amazon wasn't participating with the NPS program when preorders started, but are now. So, Amazon didn't have to send it out to NPS members first. From now on they will, though.

Mark

Kinda bummed about B&H not discolosing that NPS members got first dibs regardless of those that pre-ordered earlier. I missed buying one at my local BestBuy.

Standard Nikon practice.. nothing to do with B&H....

You think B&H is bad, I have spent probably 5 full hours, or more, arguing with Amazon customer service. I was seeing all over the net that people were getting their orders shipped, and the reps were still saying that they had never gotten any stock at all in. Not that they didn't have any more, but that they had never even received their first shipment in the first place. About 3 hours after arguing with the last supervisor I was directed to, my order shipped. They have absolutely no idea whatsoever what they're doing. :er:

Mark

I'm surprised they have the time to be picky with their shipments, seeing as how they close 3 days a week for every holiday fathomable.

If you saw one on the shelf at BestBuy and you pre-ordered one hadn't shipped yet, why didn't you just buy the one off the shelf and cancel your pre-order when you got home? Or, if you had the means you could have bought the one at best buy and kept your pre-order and sold the one from BestBuy at a good markup on e-bay, since they are in such short supply you could have made a decent amount of money.

No,you misunderstood me. I didn't look at BestBuy until yesterday because I assumed (incorrectly) that I ordered early enough to get one from the first shipment. Yesterday I called all the local stores, who by the way got 2-5 units each and sold instantly. My mistake. I'm not upstet with B&H for taking care of NPS members first, just that I wasn't aware or informed. Again, my mistake. Had I done what a lot of people had and pre-ordered from multiple places I might have one now...but in the end it's not really a big deal, I'll wait.

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. Hope it shows up soon. Can't wait to see some shots when the D4's and D800's start coming in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back