Ebay Sale Good?

ungx0013

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie here at The Photo Forum. I just finished my photography class in the summer using 35 and 120mm film. I like to take lots of pictures and film is just too slow for me. I've used a Canon Rebel for a short while and it was pretty good but when I went to the camera shop, I fell in love with the Canon 30D. I've done lots of research and think it would be a great camera for me to start with and will last me for a while.

I looked on Ebay and found a kit including many lenses and accessories and was wondering if it would be a good deal to get. To me the price seems reasonable. I also talked to a few people who have purchased the same kit and said they would purchase with this dealer again in a heartbeat. I would like your input of the kit and the price.

EDIT: Sorry I left off the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Canon...9QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43454QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought from them once, dont think i will again.
You probably would be better off just buying the body and a lens, then start looking around here for individual lenses.

Ebay is a risky venture for big ticket items. I have never bought anything over a couple of hundred dollars and was lucky that those were alright.

usually when you factor in shipping you can get just as good a deal at a local discount department store. Or close to it.

Be careful on ebay. check the sellers feedback and see what others are saying about them. I have been selling on ebay for 9 years and can spot a scam very easily but for the average person who isnt aware they can lose alot of money with no recourse.

mysteryscribe said:
Ebay is a risky venture for big ticket items. I have never bought anything over a couple of hundred dollars and was lucky that those were alright.

usually when you factor in shipping you can get just as good a deal at a local discount department store. Or close to it.

Those big deals are usually loads of crap stuff thrown in to bolster the price... when you add up all the extras, they tend to be nasty quality stuff you don't really want. For your main camera purchase, I would recommend going with a reputable retailer like B&H or Adorama to give peace of mind - bargains are rare and the DSLR market guarantees that things don't tend to be *that* great value on eBay.

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back