EBAY?

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered their camera from one of the camera stores that sell theirs on Ebay? Is it a scam or a ripoff? They sell the camera and three lenses a bag, 2 tripods, 3 filters, a memory card.... all for the price of what the retail shops want for just the camera. I was wondering if you all had some advice for me there! :thumbup:

Are they a Powerseller? Do they have 100% feedback (or close to it)?

If the seller meets those criteria, then you should be ok. Otherwise, I'd stay away from the deal.

You always take a chance.

Some of those 'deals' aren't that great. You're getting (in some cases) bottom of the line lenses, and nickel and dime accessories that you'll probably wind up not even using.

I have made a couple of purchases from cametacamera. Outstanding to do business with...and no pushy sales reps :)

Never buy these "bundles." Their purpose is to improve the margins of the sellers. The products they bundle are of low cost and low quality. I don't go to stores any more at all except to buy groceries and to visit a bookstore on occasion. I buy everything else on line and some of it from Ebay vendors. I can tell you that Ebay vendors don't usually have the best prices for camera equipment. Go to B&H. They are fast, reliable, very well priced. Can't go wrong.

B&H is a pleasure to deal with. I do it whenever I can.

I agree with everyone about B&H. I made my first purchase through them a couple weeks ago and their customer service was the best I've dealt with in a long time. Always remember your best souce for researching a business is BBB.com even some ebay sellers are on there because they have an actual store.

We (chipshotsphoto.com) buy all of our equipment from B&H ([SIZE=-1]www.bhphotovideo.com) and they are great to deal with.

We have 7 DSLR's, a studio lighting setup, 4 Film SLR's and a zillion accesories, most of which we purchased from them, and we have...
1. Always got a good deal
2. Always been happy with the end rsult of our purchase

Good luck!
[/SIZE]

thanks guys. i figured you get what you pay for but for me having nothing the 'cheap' stuff might be good to practice with.:mrgreen:

Most of the things I buy can't be found anywhere else. If I were buying a new hight ticket item I look around before ebay, I have found things more reasonable other places at times. but i do always look on ebay as a place to start pricing things... so do pawn shots these days..

JimmyJaceyMom said:
thanks guys. i figured you get what you pay for but for me having nothing the 'cheap' stuff might be good to practice with.:mrgreen:

Dont discount sellers who arent part of stores. Just because someone doesnt have 100 transactions, doesnt mean they arent to be trusted. Out of the dozens of eBays ive done - I think maybe 3 or 4 have been with "Powersellers".

I usually research the hell out of a purchase, and often times getting things from different sellers results in a much better deal than a "new unfurbished" model.

Most reactions

Back