Echinodermata

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I couldn't think of a witty title for this one, so I figured I would just call it what I knew it as. Recently, I have had a worker at a local fish shop bring me a starfish. He brings me things that come in shipped already dead so I can shoot some macros of the critters if Id like to. Most of the time it's fish, so I dont get many..dead fish don't make too great of photos. This time, I was surprised to see a starfish! So I told him to bring it on. C&C if youd like.

Photographed below are the tube feet. They work as suction cups, help restrain prey, and are often filled with water.

I have alot of different shots, but this is the only one with any kind of artistic merit. If you would like to see any more shots, I would be more that willing to show them to you..but I particularly liked this one.

DSC_5101.jpg

Mark

I should always read the description before looking at the picture. I was wondering what kind of disgusting rash or fungus you had there... I glad it's a starfish, very nice!

I was wondering what kind of disgusting rash or fungus you had there...
Id be terrified if I found something like that on me. Haha, thank you both kindly.
Mark

Most reactions

Back