Eclipse Photos - C&C Please

righteous_bucks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So here are a few pictures I took of my car. Right now I'm just using a Sony Cybershot camera, but I think these still turned out alright. These pictures are really the first bit of photography I've ever done, and I enjoyed doing it, so hopefully I'll be getting a better camera soon! :) Let me know what you think:

DSC04275.jpg

DSC04276.jpg

DSC04290.jpg

DSC04301.jpg

DSC04921.jpg

Welcome. You have some minor exposure problems that I'm not sure you can correct with your current camera. Read you manual and see if it has exposure compensation, if so, next time you are shooting a brightly lit white subject dial in about -1 or -2. This will help bring out the detail in your subject and avoid blown-out areas in your pictures. The other thing you can do for sure is watch and choose better backgrounds. All the power lines are distracting from your good looking car. Good effort. Keep shooting and learning. One last thing, notice the smudge in the upper right corner of pictures 2, 3 and 4? That is either dirt on your lens which you can clean with the proper lens cleaning kit or cloth, or it is dirt on your sensor inside the camera (not too likely with a camera that does not have interchangeable lenses). If cleaning the front of your lens does not get rid of the spot you should check with a good camera shop for help. Good luck.

Craig

Last edited:
#1 and #2 Stay completely out of the shadow or completely in the shadow.
#3 The sky is to bright. But the subject is exposed OK. Meaning or you have to use a tech. called HDR or get a ND Grad filter. Check Wikipedia for more info on this stuff
#4 It's good but the grass is a bit gray. This needs correction. Like photoshop.
#5 Cut away the right green side and it'll be great.

Most reactions

Back